Track Of The Day - The Revolution Edition

October 21, 2021 07:03 AM

Any of you who doubt Trivium would make an epic after the triumphant Shogun track, prepare to have your doubts blown away by this epic to end all thrash-metalcore epics:

Quoted shadowdoom9 (Andi)

I gave this song another listen...while riding an exercise bike I have at home, throughout the track length! It was the most epic 8-minute exercise bike ride I've had in my life, like riding a bike all over Middle-earth, like a mix of Forrest Gump and Lord of the Rings, all visualized in my mind in the safety of my own home...

October 26, 2021 10:44 AM

After escaping the dark doom, I'm heading into the "Darkbloom". This band is still going on after the passing of their clean vocalist, as a quintet in his honor. RIP Kyle Pavone... An epic melodic-ish metalcore single for fans of August Burns Red, Bullet for My Valentine, and Crossfaith:

October 31, 2021 12:15 PM

What better way for me to celebrate Halloween than review the latest Ice Nine Kills album! This grand offering of horror-themed metalcore shall please people looking for a cauldron blend of Motionless in White, Winds of Plague, and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!

October 31, 2021 08:27 PM

A belter of an opening track from the brand new album from this Buffalo-based metaclore outfit. For fans of Coalesce, Ithaca & Drowningman.

November 06, 2021 12:30 AM

A belter of an opening track from the brand new album from this Buffalo-based metaclore outfit. For fans of Coalesce, Ithaca & Drowningman.

Quoted Daniel

A furious frenzy in higher heights of heaviness!

November 08, 2021 10:43 AM

Orlando-based melodic metalcore for fans of Shadows Fall, As I Lay Dying & God Forbid.

November 08, 2021 11:27 AM

Orlando-based melodic metalcore for fans of Shadows Fall, As I Lay Dying & God Forbid.

Quoted Daniel

There's killer strength and maturity that levels this song up more than the similar mid-tempo songs from The Crusade. The balance between heaviness and melody continues to suit the album and makes sure it's not just a sequel to the one from last year.

November 13, 2021 08:58 AM

A killer track from the brand new album from Californian atmospheric metalcore band Silent Planet, worth a search for a mix of Every Time I Die, Within the Ruins, and occasional The Ocean-like atmosphere:

November 16, 2021 11:30 AM

Kentucky metalcore for fans of Gulch, Year Of The Knife & Sanction.

November 22, 2021 03:20 PM

Bullet for My Valentine is back with a vengeance, heavier than ever before! The pure modern thrashy metalcore of this track and album will surely bring joy to fans of Trivium, There is a Hell/Post Human-era Bring Me the Horizon, and late 2000s Machine Head:

December 01, 2021 02:57 PM

There are some times when I'm trying to make a website a better place (NOT this site, a different one), but the people in that site keep turning me down. This killer heavy song is fitting for that kind of ordeal:

December 04, 2021 11:52 PM

A friend of mine from the outside world showed me a Rob Zombie song, "Dragula", in which a remix version was used in the first Matrix movie. That song is industrial metal, but the kind of industrial metal I prefer is not the "alt-" kind heard in that song, but rather the more experimental industrial metal bands like Godflesh, Strapping Young Lad, Samael, and Motionless in White, the latter having done a cover of that song with a gothic-ish metalcore twist in style. If you're looking for a mix of Rob Zombie, Ice Nine Kills, and Lacuna Coil without the female vocals, you know which band to call:

December 11, 2021 09:26 AM

Beatdown metalcore from Detroit, USA. For fans of Knocked Loose, Hatebreed & Sunami.

January 03, 2022 07:12 PM

This English melodic metalcore outfit deliver a super-heavy tribute to classic Pantera.

January 15, 2022 08:41 AM

Ever since I started assembling the Revolution playlists, I've found a great amount of metalcore band discoveries! Here are 7 I've started listening to, from the regular melodic-ish metalcore:

To the more avant-prog-ish metalcore:

And the wild experimental mathcore:

And besides those 7 bands, I finally got the new Underoath album Voyeurist, a true return to this band's metalcore sound from the late 2000s, with some such highlights including the climax of this 7-minute epic:

January 18, 2022 12:45 AM

With their lead vocalist Keith Buckley leaving the band for his mental health and their UK tour being cancelled due to the virus rising there, Every Time I Die decided that their time is up. They've gone out together rather than announcing their split separately (check their Instagram). RIP

January 19, 2022 06:30 AM

I found this very rare demo from Underoath. It was recorded in early 2003 as their final recording with original unclean vocalist Dallas Taylor before he left and was replaced by Spencer Chamberlain. This demo can be considered the "Samael's Rebellion" of Underoath, serving as a stylistic bridge between their mildly successful yet overlooked 3rd album and their commercial breakthrough 4th album. The 3rd song (and Dallas' very last with the band), "Heatherwood" even sounds like an early take on "Reinventing Your Exit" from that 4th album, They're Only Chasing Safety (Ben, please add that 4th album and the rest of their non-metal albums alongside their brand-new metalcore comeback Voyeurist, as soon as you can, thanks!).

January 26, 2022 02:52 AM

Christian progressive black/death metal-inspired metalcore from back when Underoath were still in the underground. This is for fans of Prayer for Cleansing, and the late-90s eras of Eighteen Visions and Embodyment:

January 26, 2022 08:48 AM

This epic is strong enough to knock that other song above off its reign. Too bad Underoath would never make long 11-minute epics like this ever again:

January 26, 2022 02:20 PM

I've actually enjoyed the majority of Underoath's softer while still metal turn, The Changing of Times, with cool songs like this one, for fans of 7 Angels 7 Plagues, and the 2002 albums by Hopesfall and This Day Forward:

January 28, 2022 01:56 AM

Time for a "Tracks of the Day" Underoath backstory. Back when my taste in power metal was still dominant, I found a few Underoath music videos on TV:

Those were some of the most killer songs I've heard and music videos I've watched, but I wasn't ready for this metalcore/post-hardcore style. Fast forward to 3 years before today, I was already in the metalcore zone, when I found this awesome song:

But the source of where I found this song is from somewhere unexpected, this video from one of my favorite YouTube animators TheOdd1sOut (go to the 7-minute mark):

When I heard that song in this video, the next thing I knew, all those Underoath music video memories rapidly returned to my mind and I've realized that I had never actually gotten into listening to that band until then, and it was the perfect time with my expanding taste in metalcore. So I gave the actual song a full listen and it really sealed that deal. I finally started listening to Underoath full-time, and the rest is history. Thank you, Underoath, TheOdd1sOut, and Mr. Poe! I'm currently working on completing my Underoath review journey with their two albums since their reformation, so stay tuned...

January 30, 2022 07:57 AM

A killer song from one of the earlier Revolution playlists I'm catching up with:

February 10, 2022 01:54 PM

Chaotic grind-infused mathcore that should work well for fans of The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Locust, and The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza:

February 13, 2022 03:51 PM

I've never realized how easy industrial metalcore is for me to digest until this album with this killer highlight: