Track Of The Day - The Revolution Edition

First Post December 07, 2019 07:54 PM

Tell us what track is ticking your boxes today. 

December 07, 2019 11:37 PM

Roses are red, violets are blue. BTBAM was metalcore back then, yes that is true. Now they're progressive death metal, get those metalcore theories out of there you!

December 11, 2019 11:56 PM

Didn't think I would forget about my favorite band Trivium, did you? Another one of my favorite Trivium songs other than "In Waves":

December 24, 2019 11:30 PM

Merry Christmas, metalheads! Last year I put together two of August Burns Red's Christmas metalcore songs into a 5-minute medley. Check it out!

February 11, 2020 10:31 AM

There's more Christian metalcore coming your way when August Burns Red releases their new album Guardians this April. Here's an intense sneak peek single:

February 29, 2020 12:40 PM

More awesome new singles from a couple upcoming metalcore albums! Two of my favorite Revolution bands are back!!

And an older song that reminds me of my current torn 4th clan situation, also one of the most progressively complex songs Trivium has ever done:

March 16, 2020 11:45 PM

How convenient it is to write a review for a concept album about the end of the world right when it seems that way because of the coronavirus. Please, do your part to keep the world safe and sanitize yourselves, and also enjoy this metalcore anthem tribute to fallen heroes:

March 18, 2020 12:53 AM

Another metalcore song that reminds me of our current coronavirus situation, fearing a future of a world of plague and having to stay in our homes to survive, unless the professionals can stop the virus which they're already trying to do. Please, stay home, stay safe, stay clean, and stay metal!

April 01, 2020 10:28 AM

After commenting on that Britney Spears April Fool's joke, here's a kick-A metalcore cover of her hit, "Baby One More Time":

April 09, 2020 08:14 AM

A spectacular mathcore bomb from Masschusetts, USA. Fans of Botch, Drowningman & The Dillinger Escape Plan should be all over this.

April 14, 2020 06:52 AM

The Type O Negative song I chose for the Track of The Day Fallen Edition was "I Don't Wanna Be Me", mostly because Trivium did a cover of that song which I've shared below. Once again, RIP Peter Steele and Type O Negative...

April 29, 2020 09:37 AM

Quoted from Wikipedia: '"The Ones We Leave Behind" is about "running over" people to succeed in life and the song also gave a powerful message and a whole new meaning in the wake of the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.' Yes, this sure is a fitting song for this global outbreak. Once again, stay safe everyone!

June 10, 2020 07:44 AM

Yeah great track. The highlight of "Petitioning the Empty Sky" in my opinion along with closer "Color Me Blood Red".

June 10, 2020 09:10 AM

Yeah great track. The highlight of "Petitioning the Empty Sky" in my opinion along with closer "Color Me Blood Red".

Quoted Daniel

"Color Me Blood Red" is another great highlight that ends the album (not including the live tracks). Some of the albums I like the best are the ones in which the two best songs are the first track (including intro) and the last track (including outro) because then I can hear its perfection for a promising start and, at the same time, I want the last song to end the album in a satisfying bang with no disappointing flaws at all. Start with the best, end with another best! I call that technique "The Perfect Metal Album Storm". More info about that in a different later thread...

June 11, 2020 01:42 AM

The ultimate metalcore epic! Say no more and listen more:

June 30, 2020 09:47 AM

The highlight of The Dillinger Escape Plan's one-off collaboration with Faith No More/Fantomas/Mr. Bungle/Tomahawk front man Mike Patton. Superbly interesting & unique mathcore.

June 30, 2020 09:58 AM

The highlight of The Dillinger Escape Plan's one-off collaboration with Faith No More/Fantomas/Mr. Bungle/Tomahawk front man Mike Patton. Superbly interesting & unique mathcore.

Quoted Daniel

One of my favorite mathcore bands collaborating with one of the most legendary vocalists out there. So amazing!

June 30, 2020 10:24 AM

A good hit from BFMV's shining moments of melodic metalcore:

July 05, 2020 01:46 AM

A belter of an opening track from this Canadian progressive/melodic metalcore outfit. For fans of Jinjer, ERRA & Mutiny Within.

July 05, 2020 06:04 AM

A belter of an opening track from this Canadian progressive/melodic metalcore outfit. For fans of Jinjer, ERRA & Mutiny Within.

Quoted Daniel

Some of the best melodic progressive metalcore in a storytelling masterpiece album! I still haven't completely listened to their new album Palimpsest yet even after getting it, so that new album shall be put on my "albums to listen to" checklist along TDEP's Irony is a Dead Scene.

July 05, 2020 06:51 AM

Before I listen to the Irony is a Dead Scene EP again and review it a few days from now, let's run through one of their wild mathcore anthems from a more successful album:

July 14, 2020 12:30 PM

A ripper of a repetitive builder from Californian Nintendocore outfit HORSE The Band. Fucking great stuff!

July 14, 2020 11:12 PM

An epic single from Bring Me the Horizon's last metalcore album Sempiternal that I've reviewed in my Ultimate Metal Family Tree band challenge:

July 19, 2020 06:49 AM

A trancecore dancefloor banger that really got under my skin today.