Track Of The Day - The Revolution Edition

April 17, 2021 11:25 PM

Rip-snorting New Jersey mathcore for fans of The Callous Daoboys, Botch & Rolo Tomassi.

April 18, 2021 01:43 AM

Rip-snorting New Jersey mathcore for fans of The Callous Daoboys, Botch & Rolo Tomassi.

Quoted Daniel

Even though this track is not a highlight for me, it's close to one, being an outstanding sludgy track to have a good grip on you and shake you hard like an earthquake.

April 20, 2021 02:30 PM

My usually alt-rock/post-grunge-loving brother has been enjoying this Trivium song lately, and why not? This song really kicks things up to high gear and has a darker thrash metal-influenced sound:

May 06, 2021 09:16 PM

High quality progressive deathcore from Chicago. For fans of After The Burial, Veil Of Maya & Within The Ruins.

May 06, 2021 10:09 PM

High quality progressive deathcore from Chicago. For fans of After The Burial, Veil Of Maya & Within The Ruins.

Quoted Daniel

When it comes to guitar work (especially around the 30-second mark), Lee McKinney knows what to do!

May 09, 2021 10:06 PM

I was unsure about sharing the metalcore bands I've found last week because of one of the bands being a subject in our Nintendocore metal/non-metal experiment, but now it's in the site. Thanks Ben! So here they are, a few metalcore bands with electronic elements:

June 01, 2021 10:03 PM

A wonderfully atmospheric & cerebral post-sludge excursion from the Massachusetts gods of metalcore.

June 01, 2021 11:22 PM

A wonderfully atmospheric & cerebral post-sludge excursion from the Massachusetts gods of metalcore.

Quoted Daniel

An astonishing remarkable atmospheric collaboration with Genghis Tron and two other professional drummers!

June 16, 2021 09:25 PM

US metalcore for fans of Earth Crisis, Sunami & late 90's Converge.

July 07, 2021 12:10 PM

The grand finale of Born of Osiris' latest masterpiece album is almost an anthem for my first year in Metal Academy, at a time when progressive metal/metalcore was at a higher height of my metal interest:

July 10, 2021 11:56 AM

Trivium's epic new single and music video (maybe a hint at their next album?):

July 31, 2021 12:46 PM

Very rare demo from Japanese trancecore masters Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. While not in the best quality (obviously for demo releases), this trance-ified melodeath-ish metalcore demo is great for the heavier metalcore fans who are tired of hearing the autotuned cleans of So (who didn't join the band yet at the time), especially if they're fans of Amaranthe, As I Lay Dying, and Crossfaith:

August 02, 2021 07:40 AM

A lengthy post-rock excursion from this talented New York metalcore outfit whose debut album "10.21" should appeal to fans of Converge, Norma Jean & Cave In.

August 03, 2021 01:05 PM

A lengthy post-rock excursion from this talented New York metalcore outfit whose debut album "10.21" should appeal to fans of Converge, Norma Jean & Cave In.

Quoted Daniel

Ah yeah, the 9-minute instrumental title epic... A soft break from the metalcore action while you breathe in the flames of creativity!

August 12, 2021 11:56 PM

With a short one and a half year gap since the previous album, seems like having more time to write and record music during quarantine can cause great results. Here's a sneak peek single from Trivium's upcoming album In the Court of the Dragon that will be released in October:

September 09, 2021 12:28 PM

Back when Avenged Sevenfold were metalcore with slight emo, before the modern heavy metal they would be known for:

September 16, 2021 12:13 PM

High quality post-hardcore with smatterings of metalcore from Charlotte, USA. For fans of Skycamefalling, Poison The Well & Underøath.

September 17, 2021 01:04 AM

High quality post-hardcore with smatterings of metalcore from Charlotte, USA. For fans of Skycamefalling, Poison The Well & Underøath.

Quoted Daniel

A 7-minute post-hardcore/metalcore epic of beauty and fury, reaching its climax with a soft gentle instrumental passage, and if you have that part seamlessly repeat without any of the heavier ones, that would be excellent meditation music.

September 27, 2021 01:15 PM

I still enjoy this track from this month's Revolution playlist. I look forward to checking out the October playlists once they premiere on Friday morning!

October 02, 2021 12:27 AM

An epic new music video from Trivium's soon-to-be-released album In the Court of the Dragon, with scenes from one of the greatest video game franchises, the Elder Scrolls:

October 13, 2021 11:21 AM

Any of you who doubt Trivium would make an epic after the triumphant Shogun track, prepare to have your doubts blown away by this epic to end all thrash-metalcore epics:

Also I've been enjoying this metalcore/post-hardcore band This Day Forward, which I would recommend to fans of Skycamefalling, Hopesfall, and Underoath:

October 16, 2021 08:15 PM

Beatdown hardcore-inspired French metalcore for fans of Hatebreed, Sunami & God's Hate.

October 18, 2021 11:27 AM

The violent lyrics in metalcore I prefer is similar to what Sonny prefers in extreme metal, according to one of his reviews. None of the brutal talk of extreme sexual abuse or dismemberment for torture purposes. No, you let out your violence in WAR:

October 19, 2021 01:54 PM

Another metalcore song with the violent lyrics I prefer, the violence of WAR: