Track Of The Day - The Revolution Edition

December 08, 2022 05:15 AM

A thunderous deathcore epic, the way the genre is meant to be done:

December 08, 2022 09:10 AM

Amazing how a band that only made a few songs in their two-year existence can make a big impact in the deathcore scene, isn't it?

December 08, 2022 10:49 AM

I guess it depends on your definition of "a big impact" Andi. Deadwater Drowning are hardly a household name, are they?

December 08, 2022 11:56 AM

To paraphrase part of my review, the EP was known as a blueprint for the modern deathcore, and after this band's split, the members would continue in more famous deathcore bands. Indeed not really a household name, yet their sound would be popularized by the avenging league.

December 15, 2022 05:58 AM

The only track from that Admiral Angry album Buster to come close to qualifying for The Revolution in the riffing and drumming, while still primarily sludgy:

December 25, 2022 01:52 AM

Merry metal Christmas! This is one of my favorite songs from August Burns Red's Christmas EP Winter Wilderness, and a great selection for the December Revolution playlist:

January 03, 2023 01:40 PM

An absolute highlight of brutal technical death metal/core hellfire, something fans of The Red Chord, Gorguts, and Cryptopsy should try before they judge:

January 07, 2023 10:42 AM

Amazing inspiring lyrics from one of the earliest Christian metal/hardcore bands besides Zao:

I also decide to take a small sneak peek at Strongarm's other album Atonement, and this song has some metalcore potential as well. I might give the rest of the album a listen if it becomes metal enough to quality for this site.

January 10, 2023 12:44 PM

Heavy raging metalcore that pretty much all fans of the genre can enjoy:

January 13, 2023 12:24 PM

One of only a couple highlights from metal's entry into the hardcore subgenre Krishnacore:

January 21, 2023 07:34 AM

American trance-metalcore with a bit of Crossfaith worship:

February 05, 2023 02:25 AM

For the best of Motionless in White's earlier horror-themed metalcore, check out the dark vicious "Snow" trilogy:

February 05, 2023 09:05 AM

Brutal horror-themed metalcore, continuing the "Puppets" story from the band's debut:

February 05, 2023 11:41 AM

The dark haunting finale of the killer "Puppets" trilogy:

February 06, 2023 07:28 AM

A heavy metalcore sequel to one of the songs from the Creatures "Snow" trilogy. Maybe in a future album, they should make a sequel to the 3rd part "Scissorhands".

February 06, 2023 11:14 PM

A diverse experimental highlight from this Georgia-based metalcore band:

February 15, 2023 01:18 PM

The only song I really like from Stigmata's mostly poor debut, a solid blend of early hardcore/metalcore and the speed/thrash metal of early Metallica, while reminding me of Paradise Lost's Shades of God in the earlier verses:

March 15, 2023 11:27 PM

A 7-minute epic that starts off as melodic as Unearth and Trivium before this band's usual early black/death-infused metalcore:

March 16, 2023 09:07 AM

One of the more popular metalcore bands that somehow I keep overlooking started their career with an incredible album of underrated gems like this one:

March 16, 2023 11:22 AM

A fantastic intersection between several of the hardcore/metal genres from earlier and later bands; the hardcore of Strife, the metalcore/melodic metalcore of August Burns Red and Parkway Drive, the deathcore of Chelsea Grin, and the melodeath of Avatar:

March 29, 2023 12:26 AM

Empowering hardcore/metalcore from one of the leading (yet short-lived) bands in the Christian hardcore scene:

March 31, 2023 05:00 AM

Some metalcore bands I now enjoy thanks to what I discovered when assembling the Revolution playlists:

April 09, 2023 01:18 PM

August Burns Red's new album Death Below is a perfect return to the band's earlier form, evident in songs like this 8-minute epic featuring one of the Underoath vocalists:

April 10, 2023 12:37 PM

Math/deathgrind/hardcore fury, the way that I prefer: