Track Of The Day - The Revolution Edition

July 27, 2020 02:44 AM

Masterful metalcore from the finest hardcore band you're ever likely to find.

July 27, 2020 06:27 AM

Masterful metalcore from the finest hardcore band you're ever likely to find.

Quoted Daniel

Great song from another awesome album from metallic hardcore masters Converge! I like its modern Katatonia-esque doom-gaze intro before their usual abstract sound.

July 27, 2020 07:36 AM

A killer single from Asking Alexandria's last metalcore album The Black, which I think is a great album to end the metal part of their career, better than From Death to Destiny.

August 03, 2020 09:19 PM

Djent-fueled Minneapolis deathcore for fans of Veil Of Maya, Within The Ruins & Rings Of Saturn.

August 03, 2020 10:49 PM

Epic symphonic deathcore to delight fans of Septicflesh, Winds of Plague, and a bit of Jen Ledger from Skillet:

August 10, 2020 02:44 AM

An absolute rip-snorter of an opener from this Californian metalcore outfit. I love the hints at grindcore.

August 10, 2020 11:25 AM

Some of you might know I'm a fan of bands like Veil of Maya (one of their songs below) and Within the Ruins, which is why I decided to review After the Burial's Rareform.

August 13, 2020 10:43 AM

Utterly mind-blowing Washington mathcore.

August 14, 2020 12:59 AM

Some of you might know I'm a fan of bands like Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan, which is why Daniel made the right choice of recommending me that Botch album. Also as much as I like this song "Conduit", have any of you noticed that the brief riff fiddling that appears a few times sounds exactly like that of the last part of My Dying Bride's "Vast Choirs"? Seriously, it does! I think I'm the only one who has noticed that because of my interest in both metalcore and death-doom.

August 23, 2020 06:47 AM

Straight-edge metalcore with black/death metal influences, a starting point for three members of Between the Buried and Me (Tommy Giles Rogers, Paul Waggoner, and Will Goodyear), recommended for fans of the early-2000s eras of BTBAM, Underoath, and The Black Dahlia Murder:

September 21, 2020 07:32 AM

Anime techno-rave trance-metalcore from Japan to please fans of Amaranthe, Dir En Grey, Enter Shikari and a bit of anime theme music:

September 27, 2020 07:36 AM

RIP former Trivium bassist Brent Young );

October 04, 2020 12:32 AM

Here are a couple metalcore bands that I love one of their songs so much to enjoy the rest of their discographies. This first band is Coldrain, alternative metalcore from Japan for fans of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, early-2010s Bring Me the Horizon, and early-2000s Linkin Park (even this video is inspired by one of Linkin Park's videos):

The other band is Misery Signals, melodic progressive-ish metalcore from Wisconsin (where my dad's from!) for fans of August Burns Red, After the Burial, and late-2000s Protest the Hero:

November 18, 2020 08:56 PM

Supreme mathcore from Salt Lake City, USA. For fans of Converge, Botch & The Dillinger Escape Plan.

November 19, 2020 02:08 AM

Supreme mathcore from Salt Lake City, USA. For fans of Converge, Botch & The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Quoted Daniel

Indeed it is. Thanks again, Daniel!

December 05, 2020 01:00 PM

Finally got interested in HORSE the Band, thanks to Daniel including one of their songs in this month's Revolution playlist, "Shapeshift" for a round 2!! However, the song I'm sharing here is from an earlier playlist that I enjoyed, "Cutsman"! This band is for fans of Enter Shikari, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and Machinae Supremacy.

December 16, 2020 05:20 AM

Violent metalcore from San Jose, USA. For fans of Hatebreed, Knocked Loose & Bury Your Dead.

December 25, 2020 01:06 PM

Hey everyone! I decided to slightly lift the rest of my 18-day metal break, so I can listen to a little more metal again under these conditions; just listening to individual songs, not full albums, and doing small metal-related things, not yet continuing my History of Heavy Metal commentary. So I can still do some forum posts and help out this website, but don't expect any reviews from me until New Year's Day. With that, here's a Christmas metalcore (instrumental) cover song. Merry Christmas!

February 16, 2021 08:19 PM

Insanely extreme mathcore from New Jersey, USA. For fans of Fawn Limbs, As The Sun Sets & The Sawtooth Grin.

March 03, 2021 07:14 AM

Two of my favorite songs from the album that brought me to the current modern metal path I'm in today, besides of course the game-changing title track. Thanks again for adding this album as the March Revolution Feature Release, Daniel!

March 11, 2021 11:41 PM

Sonny had already called dibs on submitting a track from In Waves into the April Revolution playlist, but that's OK. I can just share another one of my favorite songs from the album in this thread. Here's an awesome single:

March 13, 2021 10:42 PM

Interesting. I find "Built To Fall" to be one of the less appealing tracks on the album to be honest. This one was my clear favourite:

March 13, 2021 11:27 PM

Interesting. I find "Built To Fall" to be one of the less appealing tracks on the album to be honest. This one was my clear favourite:

Quoted Daniel

This one is also good! An extreme strictly screaming song that reminds me of old-school Trivium.

March 19, 2021 12:26 AM

RIP former Underoath guitarist Corey Steger...