Tell us what's happening in your life

July 09, 2023 12:29 PM

I always use headphones because otherwise it irritates my wife too much!!

Your cat woes reminds me of back in the day when my first wife left back in the mid 80s. I had  a Border Collie called Patch and, unfortunately I had to leave him home alone when I went to work. One day I came home and found that he had shat on the floor, but being an intelligent dog, he had decided to cover it up in the hopes that I didn't discover it and so I was greeted by the sight of my Seventh Son of A Seventh Son and Kill 'Em All LPs lying on top of a pile of shit and clawed up to fuck!!I

Needless to say I never left  LPs out again when I went to work and luckily my mum and dad took Patch in soon after, so he was never left alone all day anymore.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
July 09, 2023 11:40 PM

That's both hilarious and horrifying Sonny! Perhaps it would have been more fitting for Patch to choose Autopsy's Shitfun record.

July 10, 2023 04:36 AM

That's both hilarious and horrifying Sonny! Perhaps it would have been more fitting for Patch to choose Autopsy's Shitfun record.

Quoted Ben

Unfortunately it was all shit and no fun!

August 18, 2023 07:27 AM

Hi all! I have one month left in my college course (last day on September 19) and my work internship (last day on September 21). However, on September 25, 26, and 27, I have an all-day each-day special event in a different company that is thinking about hiring me based on my performance in an assessment I took last week. Then after the event, I plan to have a few days to rest after wrapping up my busy 3 months. So I still can't work on The Revolution monthly playlists until the beginning of October, but at least I'll be on time to work on the November Revolution playlist onwards. I think my schedule has cleared slightly to the point where I might be able to continue feature release submissions starting with the ones for October. And of course, I still have the time to do The Sphere clan playlists. So my semi-hiatus in on slightly longer, but restrictions are more relaxed. Once again, I can still do The Sphere monthly playlists, and possibly feature release submissions from the October ones onwards, but not the Revolution playlists. The end of my semi-hiatus is near, but not near enough...

August 19, 2023 08:40 PM

My world has been thrown into complete disarray this week after I was made redundant after 28 years of service at my company. It came completely out of the blue & seems to be complete madness from an operational point of view given that the work that I do is still very much required. The whole business is in uproar over it & I'll receive a very large pay-out which certainly softens the blow a touch but my ego has copped a significant amount of bruising & it hasn't come at a good time for my personal life so I'm doing it a bit tough at the moment.

August 19, 2023 10:34 PM

My sympathies go out to you Daniel. I have been made redundant twice during my working life, both times from huge UK companies (British Aerospace & Tesco) restructuring (aka hiring cheaper labour!) Both times it came out of the blue and so I know exactly how you are feeling, like it is some kind of mistake or something and you can't really take it all in or accept it. All I can say is that it is never the end of the world, no matter how it may seem at the moment, and I am positive you will land on your feet and bounce back stronger than ever.

August 19, 2023 11:34 PM

My world has been thrown into complete disarray this week after I was made redundant after 28 years of service at my company. It came completely out of the blue & seems to be complete madness from an operational point of view given that the work that I do is still very much required. The whole business is in uproar over it & I'll receive a very large pay-out which certainly softens the blow a touch but my ego has copped a significant amount of bruising & it hasn't come at a good time for my personal life so I'm doing it a bit tough at the moment.

Quoted Daniel

Sorry to hear, Daniel. Life can be tough, but I'm sure you'll stand strong.

August 20, 2023 01:11 AM

Frankly, if they're letting you go while the work still needs to be done, it's a blessing in disguise. Better to get out with a nice bonus then get out because they're planning on making you commit karoshi. Companies with a habit of cutting their better employees have a nasty habit of becoming awful places to work.

August 20, 2023 01:21 PM

Sorry to hear this Daniel.  There's some of this going on at my place of work right now with a couple of the longer standing folks getting made redundant.  Horrible thing, but you're a smart guy with a skillset I am sure you will make good use of elsewhere when the time comes.

August 21, 2023 12:35 AM

Seconding what Vinny said, I'm glad to hear they gave you severance benefits at the very least. The job market is just ridiculous nowadays so I'm wishing the best for you and that something comes along quick. 

August 21, 2023 12:08 PM

Sorry to hear about that Daniel. I know it can be hard in a period of uncertainty like this, but I hope you give yourself some time to recuperate mentally. Totally okay to take a break from everything and grieve a bit when this sort of thing happens. But keep your head up in the end; it sounds like the situation was much more telling about your workplace than you as a person. Don't let some poor management decision color how you view and value yourself. 

August 21, 2023 08:59 PM

Quoted Daniel

Yeesh.  That really doesn't feel right at all.  I mean, what excuse did they have?

September 07, 2023 11:46 PM

I was outbid on Metallica tickets.  They're playing with Suicidal Tendencies.

October 04, 2023 08:29 PM

I just finished hosting the war movies ballot on movieforums.  The number one was my number one too, Apocalypse Now.

And in a couple weeks I'm gonna see Alice Cooper.

October 04, 2023 09:56 PM

After six weeks of trying, I finally managed to secure an interview which I attended yesterday. It went beautifully & I'm reasonably confident of receiving an offer but the only problem is that they want me in the office every day which means three hours of driving every single day. I'm not sure I can keep that up for long periods but I'm considering taking it anyway as it's very much in line with what I'm looking for.

Also, Sphere of Apparition Records have received the Neuropath CDs & tell me that they've come out even better than they expected. They sent me nine copies on Friday so I should receive them in the next few business days. Excited!

October 04, 2023 10:21 PM

Awe + some on both accounts.

October 04, 2023 10:29 PM

That's great news Daniel. Glad to hear that things are moving forward for you.

October 04, 2023 11:41 PM

Great to hear, Daniel!

October 05, 2023 01:16 AM
Gotta admit, that three hour drive time, even if both ways, gives me a little pause even as an American. I hope when you get it they occasionally let you work from home!
October 05, 2023 07:24 AM

After six weeks of trying, I finally managed to secure an interview which I attended yesterday. It went beautifully & I'm reasonably confident of receiving an offer but the only problem is that they want me in the office every day which means three hours of driving every single day. I'm not sure I can keep that up for long periods but I'm considering taking it anyway as it's very much in line with what I'm looking for.

Also, Sphere of Apparition Records have received the Neuropath CDs & tell me that they've come out even better than they expected. They sent me nine copies on Friday so I should receive them in the next few business days. Excited!

Quoted Daniel

Good luck with that.  I wouldn't envy the drive - I intend to never work in an office again if I can avoid it.  This is because of the commute/drive and the fact that it involves other people also.  Great news about the CDs.

October 14, 2023 06:15 PM

My family's finally cleaning out the garage.  We have countless antiques, furniture and household appliances taking up space in there, as well as a bunch of other crap.  I mean, do we really need those vinyl recordings of musicals?  It'll be good to see all that stuff finally leave.

October 14, 2023 07:01 PM

I ended up being offered that new job & accepted it. I start on Tuesday 31st October. I'll have plenty of metal time on the drive there & back every day.

October 14, 2023 07:12 PM

I ended up being offered that new job & accepted it. I start on Tuesday 31st October. I'll have plenty of metal time on the drive there & back every day.

Quoted Daniel

Noice.  Let us know how the job goes.

October 14, 2023 11:23 PM

Quoted Daniel

Nice!