Tell us what's happening in your life

July 24, 2022 03:49 AM

It's been an intense last couple of weeks at work & that's not likely to change any time soon as I'm heading to New Zealand tomorrow morning to spend a week traveling around the country visiting key customers. It's a little bit stressful to be doing that right now as the COVID risk is rising again in Australia & there is the chance that the borders may be shut at some point. It's also made worse by the fact that my 81 year-old father-in-law has COVID at the moment & is being monitored by my wife. I've already cancelled this trip twice before though so I think I'm reluctant to do that again & are just gonna have to play it by ear.

August 05, 2022 04:23 PM

I have embarked on a campaign to improve my health recently.  Not that I ever had a drinking problem (which is what people who did have a problem with drinking probably say a lot) but I have successfully got myself in the habit of having 5 days out of 7 completely alcohol free.  On the two days that I do have a drink it is virtually no more than 2 bottles of beer and to be honest I am at the point of considering stopping altogether such is the improvement I have seen in some very basic aspects of life.

To begin with, I instantly noticed how much better I slept if I had no beer before going to bed of an evening.  I could guarantee waking up in the night and staying awake for at last an hour as my brain would wake up and focus on all the shit I would need to get done that week or mull over life in general.  However, now the alcohol intake has reduced I sleep through for at least 7 hours a night and have a very set routine of when I am in bed for and when I get up. With a good night's sleep I am also a lot more relaxed in my approach to work and life in general - this has been a little counter-intuitive as I have a job that demands that I am very dynamic and need to be thinking on my feet a lot and if I am honest I am a little too laidback nowadays but that can be remedied.

Over the past few months I have felt better and a lot more energetic throughout the day and my digestive system is much more placid than it used to be as I did suffer quite badly with reflux.  I am not off to climb any mountains or start running marathons or anything but I am looking to get back to daily walks in the coming fortnight before starting work.  I do need to work on my diet a bit, it is already pretty balanced but still a little light on vegetables and fruit in all honesty.

August 12, 2022 07:50 AM

So an Aussie record label is interested in remastering & re-releasing the Neuropath demos on vinyl & CD which is amazing. What's not amazing is that I don't know what happened to the master tapes & DATs & it can't go ahead without them. I was definitely the one that had them but I can't remember seeing them since the late 90's. I feel sure that I wouldn't have thrown them away but if that didn't happen then I have no fucking idea what I've done with them. Let's hope I make a very unlikely rediscovery over the weekend. Wish me luck guys!

August 12, 2022 08:58 AM

Good luck, Daniel!