Track Of The Day - The Infinite Edition

January 19, 2021 11:19 AM

The best video I could find for this song had the last minute trimmed off, but the untrimmed version that I have is what I would consider the heavy opposite of "The Death of Music" and another one of the best songs by this progressive metal master:

January 22, 2021 11:34 PM

Deconstruction is what I think is the true start of the 4-part metal saga of the Devin Townsend Project (the other 3 parts being Epicloud, Z², and Transcendence), spawning brilliant (often humorous) masterpieces like this 16-minute epic with a strange title:

And this song reminding us of the pandemic we're all currently stuck in:

January 24, 2021 10:18 AM

Devin Townsend's ultimate 23-minute 6-part epic in his solo comeback album:

January 26, 2021 08:15 AM

A 13-minute epic in Disillusion's incredible comeback album, to be remembered by fans of Wintersun, In Mourning, and the 4 heavier parts of the Devin Townsend Project (see my DTP post above):

January 27, 2021 02:00 AM

A 13-minute epic In Mourning's monolithic second album, to please fans of Septicflesh, Opeth, and Disillusion:

January 27, 2021 08:00 AM

Interesting how after ending the Monolith album with their longest song, they begin this album, The Weight of Oceans, with their second-longest (now third-longest, I'll show you the new second-longest after my next In Mourning review). "Colossus" is another one of their best! (D*mn, I should've suggested that song for next month's Infinite playlist except the one after that, "A Vow to Conquer the Ocean", which is still a brilliant starter for new In Mourning fans)

January 29, 2021 01:50 AM

Here's the second-longest In Mourning epic, "The Grinning Mist":

Great song, though not as brilliant as this one:

February 03, 2021 10:34 PM

An example of premium level progressive rock from these Swedes. For fans of Riverside, Leprous & Dream Theater.

February 20, 2021 08:23 PM

A lovely little piece of Opeth worship for a Sunday morning.

March 02, 2021 01:12 AM

An over 15-minute epic of premium modernized retro UK progressive metal, for fans Leprous (whom their lead singer does the growling here), Dream Theater, and Opeth:

March 12, 2021 03:48 PM

Twenty years of Blackwater Park

The Leper Affinity

March 13, 2021 08:24 PM

One of the highlights tracks from Animals As Leaders' self-titled debut. For fans of Plini, Mestis & Arch Echo.

March 14, 2021 02:11 AM

One of the highlights tracks from Animals As Leaders' self-titled debut. For fans of Plini, Mestis & Arch Echo.

Quoted Daniel

With this killer instrumental, I can just imagine my own lyrics sung/growled in the vocal style of Meshuggah and Focus-era Cynic...

April 05, 2021 08:58 PM

A stunning example of Swedish progressive metal for fans of Dream Theater, Leprous & Katatonia.

April 24, 2021 11:25 PM

RIP Warrel Dane, still missing you....

May 03, 2021 05:36 AM

This epic closer was the clear highlight from Boston progressive metal legends Dream Theater's 2003 "Train Of Thoughts" album in my opinion. For fans of Fates Warning, Haken & Pain Of Salvation.

May 03, 2021 07:56 AM

This epic closer was the clear highlight from Boston progressive metal legends Dream Theater's 2003 "Train Of Thoughts" album in my opinion. For fans of Fates Warning, Haken & Pain Of Salvation.

Quoted Daniel

That's the second track in a row shared in this thread with the word "God" in its title, first being the Warrel Dane track above, and they're both incredible closing epics!

May 03, 2021 08:12 AM

It's also the second track in a row shared in this thread with the word "the" in its title to be fair.

May 03, 2021 08:37 AM
Third if including that Evergrey track, which also has the same name as the Dream Theater one if you change just two words.
May 09, 2021 10:10 PM

Instrumental progressive metal (that I feel like writing good lyrics for) for fans of Dream Theater, Dream Theater, and MORE Dream Theater!!

June 05, 2021 11:07 PM

A beautifully realised example of progressive metal mixed with various widely disparate influences. For fans of Tool, Karnivool & Soen.

June 23, 2021 11:33 AM

A fantastic instrumental interlude taken from my favourite album from Swedish progressive metal/rock outfit Pain Of Salvation. For fans of Riverside, Leprous & Dream Theater.

July 06, 2021 05:59 AM

Superb French progressive metal for fans of Dream Theater, Opeth & Haken.

August 05, 2021 09:16 PM

A wonderful Norwegian progressive metal excursion for fans of Opeth, Haken & Ihsahn.