Track Of The Day - The Infinite Edition

First Post December 07, 2019 07:53 PM

Tell us what track is ticking your boxes today.

December 08, 2019 10:48 PM

Mastodon makes some really mesmerizing progressive metal! Be careful not to get hypnotized by this visualizer:

December 11, 2019 11:41 PM

A song from one of the greatest and most influential progressive death metal albums ever! And it inspired the name of one of my favorite progressive deathcore bands.

December 24, 2019 11:28 PM

After watching Star Wars Episode IX, I decided to show you an actual medley of Star Wars soundtracks by Persefone. They know the way of the Metal Force!

January 21, 2020 09:59 AM

One of my all-time favourite progressive metal anthems from 1992.

January 21, 2020 11:25 AM

Excellent song choice, Daniel! A true progressive anthem from one of the greatest bands of progressive metal.

January 21, 2020 09:44 PM

Classic early 90s progressive metal is excellent, but so is mid-2000s extreme progressive djent!! This song is from the Catch Thirtythree suite and the only one there that can stand alone:

January 24, 2020 10:37 PM

One of the greatest Nevermore albums, Dreaming Neon Black is currently #1 in our chart site rating! And today (January 25) is the 21st anniversary of its release, which also happens to be my 21st birthday! So that's two things to celebrate turning 21. I wasn't originally intending on revealing my birthday, but since you now know my Instagram account and my mom's probably gonna make me do a birthday Instagram post, might as well... I'm a full legal adult now!! Anyway, here's an awesome song from that album:

January 25, 2020 12:22 AM

Happy birthday! Fantastic album and song!

January 25, 2020 12:55 AM

Ditto. I'm a big fan of both that song & Andi. Have a great day mate.

January 25, 2020 01:04 AM

Thanks guys!

January 25, 2020 10:28 PM

Some bright times come with dark times. Yesterday on almost the same day as my birthday (January 25), Cynic drummer Sean Reinert passed away. Cause of death not yet revealed. His drumming skills were impressive, switching from metal to jazz at the right times in the band's cool debut Focus. May his drumming memories live on.... RIP

January 26, 2020 01:34 AM

Not to mention his amazing performance on an even more iconic album in Death's "Human" from 1991. Sean had a major influence on my life so it's even more sad that such a talented individual has been taken from those that love him at such a young age (he was only 48 years old). My heart goes out to his husband in particular right now. It's been a particularly bad month for drummers following the passing of Rush legend Neil Peart only a couple of weeks ago.

January 26, 2020 02:31 AM

Another notable metaller who passed away this month is Joe Payne, former bassist of Nile (as a touring member) and Divine Heresy, and he was a bit younger (age 36, or 35? I don't know). It's sad when some of the best metal band members leave the world behind, but we all have to go some time...

January 28, 2020 06:03 AM
And now, another moment of silence for two more passed drummers, Santtu Lonka (To/Die/For) and Reed Mullin (Corrosion of Conformity). January 2020 is indeed an unlucky month for metal drummers...
February 09, 2020 01:19 AM

Your melodic epic progressive metal taste never left you Andi. You just chose to expand your horizons a bit by exploring other areas of metal & that's completely natural. There's no reason we shouldn't we embrace all brands & subgenres of metal within our own unique personal taste palate. It makes us more rounded, more diverse & generally more interesting.

February 13, 2020 04:24 AM

The Swedish Gods of the djent subgenre flexing their muscles in emphatic fashion.

February 13, 2020 05:58 AM

I agree with what you think of "I", Daniel. That's a true 21-minute djent epic!

March 23, 2020 07:45 PM

Stunning progressive metal from Washington's finest.

March 30, 2020 07:49 PM

Impressive & unique Canadian progressive rock for fans of Rush, Yes & Mr Bungle.

March 30, 2020 11:29 PM

Impressive storytelling progressive metal/metalcore from Canada. If you're a fan of Between the Buried and Me, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and a bit of Coheed and Cambria, you'll surely love this:

April 27, 2020 04:36 AM

Stunning ambience from these Boston-based avant-garde prog metallers. This track is in the vein of Tiamat's "Wildhoney".

April 27, 2020 06:42 AM
I just gave that Maudlin of the Well song a listen, and I can hear what you mean, Daniel. A brighter, more experimental Wildhoney!
April 27, 2020 06:48 AM

A victorious anthem from Swedish prog-power metallers Seventh Wonder. Sweet recommendation for fans of Kamelot and Threshold!