Track Of The Day - The Guardians Edition

January 25, 2021 12:35 AM

One of the greatest albums from my earlier power metal taste, Edguy's Theater of Salvation has turned 22...and so have I! Here's a little birthday song-share from me, an awesome track from this album:

February 14, 2021 08:02 PM

A classic US heavy metal anthem for fans of Judas Priest, Running Wild & Helstar.

February 15, 2021 08:18 AM

A classic US heavy metal anthem for fans of Judas Priest, Running Wild & Helstar.

Quoted Daniel

Great mid-paced ballad from a historical metal masterpiece!

February 25, 2021 07:03 AM

A classic heavy metal anthem for fans of Iron Maiden, Halford & Dio.

March 04, 2021 10:48 AM

Boy do I wish I could continue my earlier epic metal taste instead of leaving it for my current heavier modern era, though this new Rhapsody incarnation is more modernized. Here's an awesome song from this perfect album of theirs:

March 06, 2021 11:57 AM

I've expanded my year range further down to the late 70s with classic heavy metal bands like Accept and Riot (RIP Mark Reale), but I still do not have any intention in checking out the more popular bands from that time like Iron Maiden or Motorhead, but maybe in the future...

And another classic-ish heavy metal band, Grand Magus, formed in the 2000s and more doom-laden:

March 08, 2021 10:24 AM

Pretty blatant Dio worship going on here but I can't help but fall for the strength of the massive chorus hook. For fans of Kamelot, Edguy & Stratovarius.

March 08, 2021 10:48 AM

Pretty blatant Dio worship going on here but I can't help but fall for the strength of the massive chorus hook. For fans of Kamelot, Edguy & Stratovarius.

Quoted Daniel

Massive chorus, amazing vocals, spectacular soloing... This is power metal at its full glory! I applaud Xephyr's Guardians featured release submission.

March 19, 2021 10:05 PM

A beautifully constructed & executed acoustic folk piece that represents the highlight of German power metal legends Blind Guardian's "Somewhere Far Beyond" album from 1992 for me.

March 19, 2021 11:40 PM

Of course you can enjoy the acoustic folk beauty of that piece, but I personally think the two "Bard's Songs" work together as a full two-part suite. That's why I was p*ssed when the last 4 minutes of the Live version of "In the Forest" was crowd cheer instead.

March 21, 2021 05:50 AM

High class German heavy metal for fans of Grave Digger, Judas Priest & Accept.

March 21, 2021 12:26 PM

High class German heavy metal for fans of Grave Digger, Judas Priest & Accept.

Quoted Daniel

Solid heavy metal majesty that would inspire a few metal bands like Alestorm to develop their own pirate lyrical themes!

March 23, 2021 08:42 PM

An absolute belter of an opening track from a heavily overrated benchmark of US power metal. For fans of Metal Church, Virgin Steele & early Queensryche.

March 26, 2021 12:08 AM

A monster heavy metal anthem for fans of Twisted Sister, 80's Judas Priest & "Shout At The Devil"-era Motley Crue.

March 27, 2021 09:04 PM

Some very solid US heavy metal from Wichita, USA. For fans of Brocas Helm, Omen & Eternal Champion.

April 04, 2021 01:24 AM

Blazing English power metal.

April 04, 2021 02:01 AM

Blazing English power metal.

Quoted Daniel

My second favorite song of the album besides the one that fully launched my metal interest ("Through the Fire and Flames")!! I think I made the right choice of submitting this blazing track to the April Guardians playlist.

April 04, 2021 12:24 PM

This band Persuader, has pleased heavier power metal fans with their sound combo of Nevermore and Blind Guardian, the latter any of those fans know why:

April 24, 2021 12:16 AM

For some reason I didn't like this album by Númenor the first time I listened to it. I don't know what I was thinking. This awesome mix of Power Metal and tinges of Black Metal is insanely unique and may make some of the less Power Metal inclined members of The Guardians have some second thoughts this time around. The obvious single is the opening track featuring Hansi Kürsch from Blind Guardian:

But the rest of the album is short, snappy, and incredibly catchy even without one of the best vocalists in the business. 

April 24, 2021 07:55 AM

Sometimes a band's vocalist can do so well on his own while still staying in that band. Thrashy heavy metal to delight fans of Queensrÿche, Judas Priest, and Nevermore:

April 24, 2021 10:06 PM

Epic US power metal piece from Wichita, USA. For fans of Brocas Helm, Omen & Eternal Champion.

April 25, 2021 09:16 PM

My favourite track from German power metal icons Gamma Ray's highly regarded 1995 fourth album "Land Of The Free". For fans of Helloween, Blind Guardian & Judas Priest.

April 25, 2021 09:41 PM

My favourite track from German power metal icons Gamma Ray's highly regarded 1995 fourth album "Land Of The Free". For fans of Helloween, Blind Guardian & Judas Priest.

Quoted Daniel

An epic dynamic classic from an already classic German power metal masterpiece album!

May 14, 2021 09:22 PM

Chunky Swedish heavy metal for fans of Judas Priest, Manowar & Atlantean Kodex.