Track Of The Day - The Guardians Edition

First Post December 07, 2019 07:53 PM

Tell us what track is ticking your boxes today.

December 12, 2019 11:01 AM

Dutch heavy metal.

December 18, 2019 08:33 AM

Argentinian heavy metal from 1983. I love the way the lead guitar work builds here.

December 18, 2019 11:45 PM

I'm not in the Guardians, but here's something from my earlier epic metal era, a nice classic from the masters of symphonic power metal:

January 06, 2020 12:47 AM

January 06, 2020 01:42 AM
Good choice of song, Daniel! Blind Guardian was one of a few bands I starting listening to again for a while during my small epic metal comeback last month, and that song brings back distant power metal memories.
January 06, 2020 06:00 AM

Apparently, this is a nod to Lord's older songs, but this sounds a lot like a nod to old school power metal in general, from like 25 years ago. Hail the Lord!

January 06, 2020 08:49 AM

Good choice of song, Daniel! Blind Guardian was one of a few bands I starting listening to again for a while during my small epic metal comeback last month, and that song brings back distant power metal memories.
Quoted shadowdoom9

Have you checked out this live release Andi? If not then you need to get onto it pronto as you'll fucking love it.

January 06, 2020 09:08 AM
I've already listened to their studio releases, but not yet the live ones. Sure, I will check it out soon! This is gonna be a great live travel through the old school and the epic...
May 03, 2020 08:58 AM

You want some Paradise Lost-influenced symphonic power metal? Well you got it:

May 19, 2020 09:49 PM

Florida heavy metal. For fans of Metal Church, Virgin Steele & Queensryche.

June 22, 2020 08:21 AM

Thrashy Californian heavy metal from 1987. For fans of Metal Church, Queensryche & Overkill.

July 02, 2020 07:51 AM

This epic ballad was originally written about the 30-year war, but that chorus, if you take out the "decades of war" reference, reminds me of how people have made mistakes during this ongoing virus and end up dying, while the survivors avenge the fallen, prevent the disease from reaching them, and help save our world even at dark times.

July 08, 2020 09:32 PM

Comfortably my favourite of the legitimate songs from "Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part I". Probably because it's the least cheesy & power metal oriented.

July 08, 2020 11:34 PM

Last week I reviewed Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II in the power metal of my Ultimate Metal Family Tree band challenge. This is one of my favorite songs from that album and a legit power metal classic:

September 20, 2020 07:35 AM

This is simply one of the finest power metal tracks I've ever heard in my life. For fans of Helloween, Gamma Ray & iced Earth.

September 20, 2020 08:00 AM

This is simply one of the finest power metal tracks I've ever heard in my life. For fans of Helloween, Gamma Ray & iced Earth.

Quoted Daniel

Good track, though it's pretty clear that "Mirror Mirror" is a greater classic, hence my submission for this month's Guardians playlist. For October's playlist, I have another Blind Guardian song suggestion and even though it's more on the thrashy speed metal side, it's another classic still performed by the band to this day and had already shaped up their majestic power metal sound that would come to be: https://metal.academy/forum/9/thread/479?page=1#topic_4269

September 20, 2020 08:06 AM

Yeah I quite like "Mirror Mirror" but the appeal sits mainly with the huge chorus. The rest of the track is a little too cheesy for my tastes so it'll never be a classic for me personally. "The Curse Of Feanor" & "Into The Storm" are the two that blow me away from "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" but what would I know... I don't even like "Nightfall" which seems to be universally celebrated as the other classic from the album.

October 23, 2020 05:50 AM

Classic Danish heavy metal for fans of Mercyful Fate, Judas Priest & Ozzy Osbourne.

October 23, 2020 06:46 AM

Swedish heavy/power metal to be enjoyed by fans of bands like Battle Beast, Iron Maiden, and Lord. Looking forward to getting the new HammerFall release, Live! Against the World, tomorrow as another small comeback to my earlier epic metal taste.

December 13, 2020 12:40 AM

Surprisingly, this song wasn't in Gamma Ray's Blast From the Past Part 2 video I was reviewing (maybe because back then they keep banning the second-to-last songs of metal albums from YouTube for copyright, but why specifically the penultimate songs?! WHY?!?). Fortunately, I found the song in a separate video. A catchy melodic anthem!

December 13, 2020 12:52 AM

Yeah that song really shouldn't be something I'd enjoy & in truth I thought it was complete balls on first listen but I can't deny that it got under my skin eventually. How dare it be so damn catchy??

January 10, 2021 08:24 PM

Epic US power metal for fans of Manilla Road, Brocas Helm & Omen.

January 15, 2021 07:21 AM

Finnish power metal has hit a roadblock this month with the passing of Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) and the semi-retirement of Marko Hietala (Nightwish). Rest in peace, Alexi. And good luck with your break, Mr. Hietala...

Small fact: They were both in heavy/power metal band Sinergy.