Metal Academy Radio Playlist Suggestions - The Fallen Edition

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
February 16, 2022 08:08 PM

Apologies for the delay Sonny.

Worm - Empire of the Necromancers off Foreverglade (2021)

Khazad-dûm - Transmuted off Hymns from the Deep (2020)

Lethian Dreams - Shades off Red Silence Lodge (2014)

My Dying Bride - A Doomed Lover off Songs of Darkness, Words of Light (2004)

February 16, 2022 08:23 PM

Thanks Ben. Khazad-dûm eh? I thought I was the only one who liked that album (although not many people have even listened to it!)

Ben
Ben
February 17, 2022 10:15 AM

Thanks Ben. Khazad-dûm eh? I thought I was the only one who liked that album (although not many people have even listened to it!)

Quoted Sonny

It's funeral doom...and Tolkien...how can that be bad?

Don't answer that Daniel.

February 28, 2022 07:47 PM

Here are my submissions for the April playlist Sonny:

Ahab - "The Hunt" (from "The Call Of The Wretched Sea", 2006)

Paradise Lost - "Gothic" (from "Gothic", 1991)

Neurosis - "Through Silver In Blood" (from "Through Silver In Blood", 1996)

March 02, 2022 03:49 PM

Here are my submissions for the April playlist Sonny:

Ahab - "The Hunt" (from "The Call Of The Wretched Sea", 2006)

Paradise Lost - "Gothic" (from "Gothic", 1991)

Neurosis - "Through Silver In Blood" (from "Through Silver In Blood", 1996)

Quoted Daniel

Seems like Neurosis have some key albums missing from Spotify as Through Silver in Blood isn't on the streaming service (at least here in the UK) along with Enemy of the Sun from last month.

However, the track Through Silver in Blood is on there as it is on the Relapse 30 Year Anniversary Sampler, so at least this month there is no need to change your selection Daniel.

March 02, 2022 05:36 PM

Interesting. I have no problem finding both of those Neurosis albums on Spotify from Australia. They must have an alternate streaming service agreement in the UK.

March 02, 2022 07:35 PM

Interesting. I have no problem finding both of those Neurosis albums on Spotify from Australia. They must have an alternate streaming service agreement in the UK.

Quoted Daniel

Yeah, Times of Grace isn't on there either. Seems strange that their highest rated albums wouldn't be available. Must be some sort of licensing issue or maybe Neurosis are protesting Boris Johnson (and why wouldn't they).

I'd be interested to know if any of those albums are on Spotify in the US or elsewhere in Europe.

Has anyone had any issues with playlist tracks not being available in their area?

March 02, 2022 11:58 PM

Quoted Daniel

Yeah, Times of Grace isn't on there either. Seems strange that their highest rated albums wouldn't be available. Must be some sort of licensing issue or maybe Neurosis are protesting Boris Johnson (and why wouldn't they).

I'd be interested to know if any of those albums are on Spotify in the US or elsewhere in Europe.

Has anyone had any issues with playlist tracks not being available in their area?

Quoted Sonny

In my country, all the Neurosis albums are available except Through Silver in Blood and Times of Grace.

March 15, 2022 09:22 AM

Hey Ben, do you have your selections for April's playlist as I would like to get started on it soon?

Ben
Ben
March 16, 2022 05:11 AM

Mournful Congregation - As I Drown in Loveless Rain off The Monad of Creation (2005)

Counting Hours - To Exit All False off The Will (2020)

Messa - Serving Him off Close (2022)

Konvent - Pipe Dreams off Call Down the Sun (2022)

April 02, 2022 11:08 AM

Here are my May submissions Sonny:

MonumentuM - "Fade To Grey" (from "In Absentia Christi", 1995)

The Ruins Of Beverast - "Exuvia" (from "Exuvia", 2017)

Type O Negative - "Love You To Death" (from "October Rust", 1996)

April 12, 2022 03:04 PM

Quoted Daniel

I have just come across a quote from an interview with Scott Kelly about a dispute with Alternative Tentacles and Jello Biafra over the rights to both Enemy of the Sun and Through Silver in Blood. I'm guessing this has something to do with why those albums are unavailable on Spotify.

Here's the quote:

"Alternative Tentacles ripped us off. That’s the simple version. They cooked the books and we called them on it. They accused us of all sorts of things and being greedy. And it was only about $3000!
It was basically an honor thing. There was no honor there. I don’t know what to say about it except that I was proud to be on the label when they approached us to do us records. We held them in high regard and it couldn’t be further from that now.
If he would rip us off for a small amount of money then he’d go after (the remaining Dead Kennedys) for huge amount of money. When is the last time he had to punch a clock or worry about rent? He doesn’t. Who lives in a house on the hill? He does. I live in a trailer in the woods. I have a day job and always have. What he did to his fellow band mates is all there in black and white."

April 12, 2022 03:08 PM

Is there any chance you could let me have your selections for May before the weekend please Ben?

Ben
Ben
April 12, 2022 09:32 PM

Hangman's Chair - Cold & Distant off Loner (2022)

Mar de Grises - Sleep Just One Dawn off Draining the Waterheart (2008)

Profetus - Northern Crown off The Sadness of Time Passing (2019)

April 30, 2022 08:42 PM

Here are my submissions for the June playlist Sonny:

Monarch! - "Blood Seeress" (from "Omens", 2012)

Godflesh - "Merciless" (from "Merciless" E.P., 1994)

Spectral Voice - "Terminal Exhalation" (from "Eroded Corridors Of Unbeing", 2017)

May 19, 2022 08:43 AM

Hi Ben, have you got anything for June's playlist as I intend to complete it this weekend?

Ben
Ben
May 19, 2022 09:35 AM

Mizmor & Thou - Indignance off Myopia (2022)

MWWB - Logic Bomb off The Harvest (2022)

Night Hag - Phantasmal Scourge off Phantasmal Scourge (2022)

May 31, 2022 10:25 PM

My sole submission for the July playlist is:

Earth - "Like Gold & Faceted" (from "Earth 2: Special Low Frequency Version", 1993)

May 31, 2022 10:37 PM

My sole submission for the July playlist is:

Earth - "Like Gold & Faceted" (from "Earth 2: Special Low Frequency Version", 1993)

Quoted Daniel

Nice move Daniel. Much as I've wanted to, I've not dared put in such a lengthy single track, but I'm not complaining - I love that track.

June 14, 2022 09:25 AM

Ben, do you have any suggestions for July's playlist as I would like to start work on it soon.

Ben
Ben
June 20, 2022 06:08 AM

Sorry for being so late on this Sonny. Things are hectic at the moment. If you haven't already made the list, I'd like to include...

• Primitive Man - This Life off Insurmountable (2022)
  • Epitaphe - Insignificant off II (2022)
June 20, 2022 09:14 AM

Sorry for being so late on this Sonny. Things are hectic at the moment. If you haven't already made the list, I'd like to include...

• Primitive Man - This Life off Insurmountable (2022)
  • Epitaphe - Insignificant off II (2022)
Quoted Ben

That's fine Ben, I understand. I'm going to work on this during this week so you are still in time.

June 30, 2022 08:41 PM

Here are my submissions for the August playlist Sonny:

Evoken - "Embrace The Emptiness" (from "Quietus", 2001)

Corrosion of Conformity - "Pearls Before Swine" (from "Deliverance", 1994)

Acid King - "Four Minutes" (from "Free..." E.P., 2001)

July 13, 2022 11:21 AM

Ben, if you have any suggestions for August's playlist can you let me have them by Saturday please