Share your monthly feature release outcomes

July 07, 2022 11:13 AM

THE FALLEN: Type O Negative - "World Coming Down" (1999) 4.5/5 (as I recall from the rating I had until last year)

THE GATEWAY: Thornhill - "Heroine" (2022) 4.5/5

THE HORDE: Pestilence - "Spheres" (1993) 5/5

THE INFINITE: Plini - "Homemade Cities" (2016) 5/5

THE REVOLUTION: Every Time I Die - "Radical" (2021) 5/5

My greatest discovery for this month Pestilence's Spheres, my own submission Every Time I Die's Radical, and one of Saxy's submissions Plini's Handmade Cities, all each receive a perfect 5 stars. I also commented on Daniel's Fallen feature release submission that I haven't listened to in over a year, Type O Negative's World Coming Down, that and Saxy's other submission Thornhill's Heroine are great enough for 4.5 stars. Glad to see some positive reaction for all those releases! It's been an awesome month. Though I'll skip out on The Sphere feature release because I've had enough of video game soundtracks disguising themselves as metal when they're aren't. Keep up the good work on the feature releases, all! I look forward to more...

July 08, 2022 08:58 PM

So I've managed to blast my way through our feature releases this month really quickly thanks to some time off work & some self-imposed isolation due to illness. I didn't find anything to add to my Hall of Metal Glory this month but there were some very appealing records amongst this lot nonetheless & I only have myself to blame given that I nominated a fair few of these records myself. I really enjoyed my revisits to the Type O Negative & Pestilence records which were old favourites from my past. The Every Time I Die album really impressed me only recently so I was already very familiar with it. The Thornhill & Plini albums were probably the nicest surprises & I find it hard to split them for the best discovery of the bunch. I'll take Thornhill by a nose I think. The Parkcrest, Pagan Altar & Furia records were pretty decent & the only release that I struggled with was the Heaven Pierce Her video game soundtrack which I find to be badly overrated. Here's the nine releases in order of preference:

THE NORTH: Type O Negative - "World Coming Down" (1999)  4/5

THE REVOLUTION: Every Time I Die - "Radical" (2021)  4/5

THE GATEWAY: Thornhill - "Heroine" (2022)  4/5

THE INFINITE: Plini - "Homemade Cities" (2016)  4/5

THE HORDE: Pestilence - "Spheres" (1993)  4/5

THE PIT: Parkcrest - "...And That Blue Will Turn To Red" (2019)  3.5/5

THE GUARDIANS: Pagan Altar - "Mythical & Magical" (2006)  3.5/5

THE NORTH: Furia - "Płoń" E.P. (2009)  3.5/5

THE SPHERE: Heaven Pierce Her - "ULTRAKILL: INFINITE HYPERDEATH" (2020)  3/5

August 01, 2022 08:40 AM

Here's the feature release nomination list for September:

THE FALLEN: Ben, Daniel, Morpheus, Sonny

THE GATEWAY: Saxy, Andi

THE GUARDIANS: Morpheus, Rexorcist, Xephyr

THE HORDE: Vinny, Ben, Daniel

THE INFINITE: Xephyr, Saxy, Rexorcist, Andi

THE NORTH: Ben, Vinny, Xephyr, Daniel

THE PIT: Morpheus, Rexorcist, Ben, Daniel, Vinny

THE REVOLUTION: Andi, Daniel

THE SPHERE: Daniel, Andi

August 12, 2022 07:03 AM

THE GATEWAY: Northlane - "Obsidian" (2022) 5/5

THE INFINITE: Devin Townsend - "Deconstruction" (2011) 5/5

THE PIT: Machine Head - "The Blackening" (2007) 3.5/5

THE REVOLUTION: Atka - "Untitled Album" (2018) 2.5/5

THE SPHERE: Deathstars - "Termination Bliss (2006) 5/5

All 3 of my feature release submissions; Northlane's Obsidian, Devin Townsend's Deconstruction, and Deathstars' Termination Bliss, all each receive a perfect 5 stars, and I would recommend them to fans of their respective genres. I also reviewed Machine Head's The Blackening two years ago, and I stand by my 3.5-star rating. Daniel's Revolution feature release submission was too intense for me to go beyond 2.5 stars, but it's good to see him having a blast with that release. Glad to see some positive reaction for all those releases! It's been a great month. Keep up the good work on the feature releases, all! I look forward to more...

August 12, 2022 07:45 AM

It was a pretty mixed month of features for me actually. There wasn't anything that would make my Hall of Metal Glory but there were some strong releases that I got a lot of enjoyment out of nonetheless. There were also a couple of records that I didn't get much out of to be honest. I was already somewhat familiar with the Atka, Thy Darkened Shade, The Chasm & Machine Head releases but the rest were totally new for me with the new Northlane album being my discovery of the month. The Lord Vigo record may have been somewhat divisive but I thought it was a great submission personally. Here are my results in order of preference:

THE REVOLUTION: Atka - "Untitled Album 1" (2018)  4/5

THE GATEWAY: Northlane - "Obsidian" (2022)  4/5

THE FALLEN: Lord Vigo - "Danse de noir" (2020)  4/5

THE NORTH: Thy Darkened Shade - "Liber Lvcifer I: Khem Sedjet" (2014)  3.5/5

THE HORDE: The Chasm - "Farseeing The Paranormal Abysm" (2009)  3.5/5

THE INFINITE: Devin Townsend Project - "Deconstruction" (2011)  3.5/5

THE PIT: Machine Head - "The Blackening" (2007)  3.5/5

THE GUARDIANS: Loudness - "Soldier of Fortune" (1989)  3/5

THE SPHERE: Deathstars - "Termination Bliss" (2006)  3/5

August 27, 2022 03:45 AM

Rexorcist, are you wanting to participate in the monthly feature release nomination roster? Let me know & I can add you in for October.

August 27, 2022 04:40 AM

Alright.  I got a few noms prepared already.

August 27, 2022 05:42 AM

OK. I've added you into the roster (shown a few posts above this one).

August 31, 2022 08:03 PM

Here's the feature release nomination roster for October:

THE FALLEN: Daniel, Sonny, Ben

THE GATEWAY: Andi, Saxy

THE GUARDIANS: Rexorcist, Xephyr

THE HORDE: Ben, Daniel, Vinny

THE INFINITE: Saxy, Rexorcist, Andi, Xephyr

THE NORTH: Vinny, Xephyr, Daniel, Ben

THE PIT: Rexorcist, Ben, Daniel, Vinny

THE REVOLUTION: Daniel, Andi

THE SPHERE: Andi, Daniel

September 08, 2022 06:00 AM

It was a great month of feature releases for me in September. I was obviously very familiar with the Alice in Chains, Brutal Truth, Dream Death & The Dillinger Escape Plan releases but it was nice to finally get some ratings & reviews against a couple of those after all these years. The Scarcity album absolutely blew my socks off & so did the Solitude Aeturnus one. Both of those have been rewarded with entry into my Hall of Metal Glory. The Red Harvest album was also great, if not quite as appealing as our previous Red Harvest feature release in 2004's classic "Internal Punishment Programs" album. The Ashenspire record had its moments while the fate of many a symphonic power metal album was bestowed on the poor Cross Borns release which was the victim of my taste profile as much as anything else. Well don to Ben for taking the biscuits this month in resounding fashion. Here are my scores in order of preference:

THE GATEWAY: Alice In Chains - "Dirt" (1992)  5/5

THE NORTH: Scarcity - "Aveilut" (2022)  4.5/5

THE FALLEN: Solitude Aeturnus - "Alone" (2006)  4.5/5

THE SPHERE: Red Harvest - "HyBreed" (1996)  4/5

THE REVOLUTION: The Dillinger Escape Plan with Mike Patton - "Irony Is A Dead Scene" E.P. (2002)  4/5

THE HORDE: Brutal Truth - "Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses" (1992)  4/5

THE PIT: Dream Death - "Journey Into Mystery" (1987)  3.5/5

THE INFINITE: Ashenspire - "Hostile Architecture" (2022)  3.5/5

THE GUARDIANS: Cross Borns - "Tales of a Winter Night" (2000)  2/5

September 20, 2022 10:29 PM

Saxy & Rex, just a reminder that you have some feature releases to nominate for October:

THE FALLEN: Daniel, Sonny, Ben

THE GATEWAY: Andi, Saxy

THE GUARDIANS: Rexorcist, Xephyr

THE HORDE: Ben, Daniel, Vinny

THE INFINITE: Saxy, Rexorcist, Andi, Xephyr

THE NORTH: Vinny, Xephyr, Daniel, Ben

THE PIT: Rexorcist, Ben, Daniel, Vinny

THE REVOLUTION: Daniel, Andi

THE SPHERE: Andi, Daniel

September 28, 2022 08:42 AM

Just waiting on your features now Rex. Can you please send them to me by private message ASAP?