Track Of The Day - The Pit Edition

February 10, 2021 11:42 AM

French thrash metal for fans of Destruction, Whiplash & Kreator. This particular track has some parts that were clearly influenced by the black metal of Darkthrone.

February 21, 2021 10:23 AM

Brutal death/thrash from Sweden for fans of Kreator, Protector & "Darkness Descends"-era Dark Angel.

February 25, 2021 11:58 PM

I finally got to listen to the other new Vektor song, "Dead by Dawn", and well... the first half is a clean Pink Floyd-like prog ballad while the second half continues Vektor's signature thrash, like a "Collapse/Ultimate Artificer 2.0" or something. My third least-favorite Vektor song behind "Collapse" and "Mountains Above the Sun" while still staying solid:

With that, I decided to check out the other band of the split EP, Cryptosis, and let me just say... They're like a Vektor-ized Revocation! Born out of the ashes of Distillator, the death-ish tech-thrash complexity they started developing along with Vektor-inspired sci-fi themes. Here's a great single from them, for fans of Vektor, Revocation, and Sadus:

March 03, 2021 11:36 AM

A very solid mid-80's crust punk anthem from Birmingham crossover thrashers Sacrilege.

April 15, 2021 09:52 PM

Aggressive thrash metal from Switzerland for fans of Legion Of The Damned, late 80's Kreator & "Agent Orange"-era Sodom.

April 19, 2021 09:09 PM

Fucking loving this death/doom metal monster from Dallas-based blackened death/thrash outfit Steel Bearing Hand. It reminds me of doomy death metal outfits like Asphyx, Incantation & Dead Congregation.

April 23, 2021 05:39 AM

One thrash band's end can sometimes be another band's new beginning with the same lineup. Dutch progressive thrash to please fans of Vektor, Coroner, and Megadeth:

April 25, 2021 01:35 PM

My favourite track from possibly the 21st century's best thrash album.

Combining old-school death doom and thrash, Steel Bearing Hand's Tombspawn is awesome:

May 15, 2021 10:30 PM

A wonderful thrash/groove metal outing from this Los Angeles outfit. For fans of Slayer, Exhorder & Sepultura.

May 17, 2021 09:27 PM

Ultra-raw English thrash metal for fans of Slayer, Annihilated & Kreator.

May 18, 2021 09:18 PM

An absolute belter of an opening track from the brand new album from Norwegian thrashers Nekromantheon. For fans of Kreator, Destruction & Razor.

June 16, 2021 09:09 PM

Classic Teutonic thrash for fans of Kreator, Slayer & Destruction.

July 02, 2021 03:52 AM

One of my favourite Canadian thrash songs of the 1980's. For fans of Slayer, Sacrifice & Exodus.

July 04, 2021 03:35 AM
So progressive death/thrashers Cryptic Shift somehow manage to slip through the cracks of your "no death metal" policy yet Haken (who are in no way affiliated with the genre) are added to the "ban list" Andi? I'm very confused. What's the reasoning there?
August 12, 2021 09:08 PM

Late 80's Swiss technical thrash metal.

August 23, 2021 12:27 PM

How much of an absolute riff-fest is this Teutonic thrash belter?! For fans of Sodom, Slayer & Destruction.

September 25, 2021 08:22 PM

Classic Bay Area thrash metal for fans of Metallica, Exodus & Death Angel.

October 09, 2021 11:59 AM

A genuine Teutonic thrash metal classic for fans of Sodom, Slayer & Destruction.

October 10, 2021 02:28 PM

It has been so long since I've last listened to this song, and it's still a kick-A tune. Alt-groove metal that has not only pleased me and my brother, but can also please fans of Lamb of God, Bad Wolves, and Pantera:

October 22, 2021 07:25 PM

Intense New York thrash metal for fans of Morbid Saint, Dark Angel & early Sadus.

November 21, 2021 12:42 PM

Blackened thrash from the Netherlands that pays homage to Brazilian thrash titans such as Vulcano, Sarcofago & Holocausto. 

November 22, 2021 09:48 PM

The highlight track from the 2015 archival release of the demo tracks for the Wisconsin-based brutal thrash metal legends' sophomore album that never saw the light of day. For fans of Demolition Hammer, Kreator & early Sadus.

November 23, 2021 01:35 AM

I just finished my review for a brand-new modern groove/alt-metal album from Bad Wolves that I would recommend to fans of Disturbed, Spiritbox, and Five Finger Death Punch, especially with several killer tracks in the album like this one:

November 23, 2021 09:01 AM

Speed metal with heavy metal traits from Germany.  One of the most tongue in cheek releases of the year from Knife.