Make a recommendation to a fellow member of The Horde

May 20, 2024 12:59 PM

thanks! i'll check it out

May 29, 2024 10:47 AM

Hey, Andi. I've checked out a few tracks off that Disbelief album you recommended to me... I was honestly pretty weary of the post-metal sludge elements that you described since I don't really listen to bands like that but I honestly think it's pretty interesting. I haven't quite listened to the whole album yet but thanks for recommending it to me!

Anyways, that got me thinking back to some death'n'roll and related albums that I recall really enjoying. I think you should check out "There's Something Rotten... In the State of Denmark" by Illdisposed if you haven't already. This album sees them playing melodic death metal with a heavy groove to it. Literally the most rockin' melodeath album I've ever heard. Melodic death/groove metal just sounds like Scar Symmetry if you just go by that but this album is different. Groove is more like hard rock riffs.

May 29, 2024 12:49 PM

Thanks, Pelle. Glad you like what you've listened to so far in that Disbelief album. I'll check out that Illdisposed album soon.

May 30, 2024 01:11 PM

Thanks once again Pelle for recommending that Illdisposed album to me. I listened to it entirely and it's a perfect example of groovy melodic death 'n' roll. I'm up to checking out more of this band. Daniel, Ben, Sonny, and Vinny, if you guys haven't checked Illdisposed's There's Something Rotten... In the State of Denmark, I highly recommend doing so. There's a lot each of you might enjoy from the album. And please vote in the death 'n' roll subgenre for that release as I think it legitimately qualifies for that subgenre.

May 30, 2024 06:33 PM

I'm across about two thirds of the Illdisposed back catalogue Andi. I remember picking up "There's Something Rotten... In the State of Denmark" back in my tape trading days & got some mild enjoyment out of it. I liked their earlier & more conventional death metal albums a little better unsurprisingly enough.