Make a recommendation to a fellow member of The Horde

September 18, 2021 06:28 AM

Qrixkuor - Poison Palinopsia (2021)

So 2021 has gotten to the point where I'm checking out things very outside of my wheelhouse, and this one was one of the standouts that definitely wasn't for me but at the same time I could feel like there was something there. I'm going to have to spend some more time with this one as it's extremely dense and long, with the album consisting of two 24-minute tracks.

I'd be really interested to see how Daniel and Vinny feel about this one, since it's pretty dense and somewhat similar to this month's feature album minus all of the Drone Metal leanings, replaced with more atmospheric passages. It's a 3/5 for me after one listen but I can see it gaining some stock if I give it another shot. 

September 18, 2021 06:58 AM

I actually included one of the tracks from this album in the October playlist a few days ago Xephyr.

September 18, 2021 12:38 PM

Qrixkuor - Poison Palinopsia (2021)

So 2021 has gotten to the point where I'm checking out things very outside of my wheelhouse, and this one was one of the standouts that definitely wasn't for me but at the same time I could feel like there was something there. I'm going to have to spend some more time with this one as it's extremely dense and long, with the album consisting of two 24-minute tracks.

I'd be really interested to see how Daniel and Vinny feel about this one, since it's pretty dense and somewhat similar to this month's feature album minus all of the Drone Metal leanings, replaced with more atmospheric passages. It's a 3/5 for me after one listen but I can see it gaining some stock if I give it another shot. 

Quoted Xephyr

I am familiar with the band but haven’t heard this.  Added to my list.

November 18, 2021 08:05 PM

Dead Congregation - "Graves Of The Archangels" (2008)

Sonny & Vinny, I notice that neither of you have rated this one but I'd recommend it if you haven't already checked it out.

December 10, 2021 01:30 PM