Metal Academy Radio Playlist Suggestions - The Guardians Edition

First Post August 24, 2020 04:22 AM

So I'm sure you're probably aware that we've been trialing a new concept through our Metal Academy Radio Spotify playlists recently, right? Well some of our regular contributors & I have been discussing the idea of our clan members making a contribution to the monthly playlists by making recommendations on tracks for inclusion. To make it a true playlist, we'd encourage you to stick predominantly to your favourite tracks from releases you listen to across the course of each month rather than something you enjoyed some time ago as this will make the tracklistings somewhat of a reflection of our member's current playlists which was always our long-term intention. It can be new, old, classic or underground... whatever you happen to be digging at the time as long as it fits in with the clan's designated subgenres. At this stage we're going with a policy of only members of the associated clan being eligible to make submissions for the relevant playlists so that they're a truly clan-based undertaking.

So please treat this thread as your opportunity to contribute guys. We need to make sure that these playlists offer a broad cross-section of the clan's musical footprint so we can't promise that everything will make the final cut but let's see what ya got!

August 24, 2020 12:02 PM

Here are some of my suggestions for next month's Guardians playlist, please choose any of these songs:

Blind Guardian - "Mirror Mirror" (from Nightfall in Middle-Earth, 1998)

Dark Moor - "The Dark Moor" (from Dark Moor, 2003)

DragonForce - "Through the Fire and Flames" (from Inhuman Rampage, 2006)

September 01, 2020 01:00 AM

Xephyr, Vinny, Saxy.... any track suggestions from your August playlists for inclusion in the September The Guardians clan playlist? Please keep it to a maximum of three tracks per person.

September 01, 2020 02:40 AM

Unleash The Archers - "The Matriarch" - Apex

Cirith Ungol - "Fractus Promissum" - Forever Black

Twilight Force - "Hydra" - Dawn Of The Dragonstar

September 18, 2020 09:31 PM

Hi guys. I'm looking to have the playlists ready for release on the first day of every month moving forwards so I'm getting organised early. If any The Guardians members have any submissions then now's the time.

Also, in future I'd suggest simply dropping individual tracks in here whenever you discover them instead of waiting for me to ask as that will give me the most flexibility.

September 18, 2020 11:27 PM

OK, time for my suggestions for October's playlist. Daniel, please choose these songs:

DragonForce - "Cry Thunder" (from The Power Within, 2012)

Blind Guardian - "Majesty" (from Battalions of Fear, 1988)

Freedom Call - "The Darkness" (from Legend of the Shadowking, 2010) (this last song being a good Halloween-ish song for the October playlist)

September 19, 2020 06:38 AM

Scorpions - Dynamite from Blackout (1982)

Warlock - All We Are from Triumph & Agony (1987)

W.A.S.P. - Jack Action from The Last Command (1985)

September 19, 2020 10:02 PM

That Scorpions track isn't on Spotify Vinny. Feel free to throw another track at me.

September 20, 2020 10:36 AM

That Scorpions track isn't on Spotify Vinny. Feel free to throw another track at me.

Quoted Daniel

Let’s go with Lovedrive from the album of the same name then please. (1979)

September 20, 2020 10:36 AM

Quoted Daniel

Let’s go with Lovedrive from the album of the same name then please. (1979)

September 20, 2020 11:06 AM

"Lovedrive" is also not on Spotify.

September 20, 2020 11:57 AM

"Lovedrive" is also not on Spotify.

Quoted Daniel

Hmmm

Graveshadow - The Gates from Ambition’s Price (2018)

September 21, 2020 12:48 PM

For October:

Running Wild - "Renegade" - Death Or Glory

Luca Turilli - "Ancient Forest of Elves" - King of the Nordic Twilight

Bloodbound - "Nosferatu" - Nosferatu

September 22, 2020 09:01 PM

Submissions for the October playlist are now closed as I've just completed the tracklisting however please feel free to continue nominating material for inclusion in the November playlist.

October 09, 2020 07:19 AM

Please get your submissions (maximum three each) in by 15th October if you want them considered for inclusion in the November playlist.

Xephyr, I'll get your Running Wild submission from last month in this time.

October 09, 2020 07:36 AM

Mystik - Ancient Majesty from Mystik (2019)

Cirith Ungol - Edge of a Knife from Frost & Fire (1981)

Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King from Hall of the Mountain King (1987)

October 09, 2020 11:57 AM

Here are my suggestions for November's playlist. Daniel, please choose these songs:

Dream Evil - "Dream Evil" (from Six, 2017)

Edenbridge - "Shine" (from Shine, 2004)

Machinae Supremacy - "Laser Speed Force" (from Rise of a Digital Nation, 2012)

October 12, 2020 05:06 PM

Avantasia - "Runaway Train"  - The Wicked Symphony

Gloryhammer - "Beneath Cowdenbeath" (Instrumental) - Tales from the Kingdom of Fife

(Plus the Running Wild from last month)

November 11, 2020 07:39 AM

Here are my suggestions for December's playlist. Daniel, please choose these songs:

HammerFall - "Blood Bound" (from Chapter V: Unbent Unbowed Unbroken, 2005)

Lord - "Chaos Raining" (from Fallen Idols, 2019)

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - "Nutrocker" (from Night Castle, 2009) (great Christmas metal song to fit in the December playlist, I probably would've chosen a song from one of their Christmas albums, but none of those other albums are metal)

November 11, 2020 05:56 PM

December

Edguy - "Mysteria" - Hellfire Club

Elvenking - "Reader of the Runes - Book I" - Reader of the Runes

Traveler - "Starbreaker" - Traveler

November 14, 2020 01:32 PM

Twilight Force - Hydra from Dawn of the Dragonstar (2019)

Raven - Hung Drawn & Quartered from All For One (1983)

W.A.S.P. - Jack Action from The Last Command (1985)

November 14, 2020 01:37 PM

Twilight Force - Hydra from Dawn of the Dragonstar (2019)

Raven - Hung Drawn & Quartered from All For One (1983)

W.A.S.P. - Jack Action from The Last Command (1985)

Quoted MacabreEternal

"Hydra" was already in the September playlist. Hope you can think of another suggestion soon. Daniel will close the suggestion thread for December's playlist after tomorrow...

November 14, 2020 02:24 PM

Dee Snider - Tomorrow's No Concern from For The Love of Metal (2018)

December 12, 2020 07:07 AM

Here are my suggestions for January's playlist. Daniel, please choose these songs:

Dragonland - "Holy War" (from Holy War, 2002)

Gamma Ray - "Rich and Famous" (from Sigh No More, 1991)

Kamelot - "III Ways to Epica" (from Epica, 2003)