The Stinkers Thread - The Guardians Edition

December 28, 2022 12:04 PM

The sad part about a taste in a genre changing is when a song you once enjoyed in the past you consider a weak stinker today. This was the case for this Johnny Cash cover that I now find the weakest point of the band's discography and probably the only DragonForce song to qualify in this thread:

July 29, 2023 01:33 PM

As much as I enjoy most of the new Freedom Call live album, a few tracks were a bit too happy-joy-joy for me. While I have mixed feelings for a couple of those tracks, this one is a strange sh*tter, in both the title and the song itself:

October 08, 2023 02:26 AM

This f***ing Sinatra-inspired lounge track is so awful that I would much rather listen to "More Than Words" than this sh*t any day:

October 10, 2023 01:15 AM

I'm sorry, but this lousy psychedelic ballad doesn't belong in what's supposed to be heavy metal's ground zero album:

October 10, 2023 01:19 AM

That's one of my favorite tracks from the album.  It might not be metal, but it carries the darkness of War Pigs over beautifully.

October 10, 2023 01:28 AM

Personally, "War Pigs" and "Electric Funeral" are my go-to tracks for the darkness and beauty of Paranoid.

October 10, 2023 01:41 AM

You’ve clearly never pulled a cone to “Planet Caravan” Andi. That track is life-changing & one of the highlights for mine.

October 10, 2023 01:42 AM

You’ve clearly never pulled a cone to “Planet Caravan” Andi. That track is life-changing & one of the highlights for mine.

Quoted Daniel

I've never even done drugs before and I love it.

But now my secondary username is Conepullio.  And I need TP (tea party) for my bonghole.

October 12, 2023 10:06 AM

Uli Jon Roth is an amazing guitarist, and THAT'S THAT. His awful attempt at vocals ruin everything:

October 16, 2023 01:33 AM

It boggles my mind how in the world this dull disappointing ballad became one of the band's most popular non-single songs:

October 16, 2023 02:27 AM

Yeah, I’m not a fan of that song either.

October 17, 2023 01:30 AM

I'm sorry, world, but the ballad that many of you know and love I think is just far too unnecessary and unfitting for this band:

October 22, 2023 07:56 AM

Too much Thin Lizzy-infused hard rock for its own good, making this sh*t sound more miserable than epic:

October 23, 2023 01:37 AM

I used to not like "Silent Lucidity" because of how popular it is for a non-metal song, but after listening to Extreme's "More Than Words" that was released in the same year, I've realized that the beauty of a song for me doesn't always come from metal. I find myself a little more accepting for non-metal songs from metal artists being popular singles. But this album's other ballad, I cannot accept, a weak-a** way to head out despite the cool electric chorus:

October 23, 2023 01:51 AM

I find this one to be a really solid track to be honest. 

October 24, 2023 02:01 AM

Some nice moments, but too much of a cheesy love ballad, and why the f*** sneak it in as the second full song of this power metal album?!

October 25, 2023 02:06 AM

Having to revisit this poor flow-damaging ballad almost made me wanna cry more than just a little in agony:

October 25, 2023 07:43 AM

I'm fine with rapping in a few metal genres, but in symphonic metal?! Nope! I'm outta here!

October 25, 2023 11:43 AM

Their attempt to turn an acoustic Native American ballad into an long epic ends up failing and sounding too draggy:

November 29, 2023 12:50 AM

Attempting to sound like a Metallica song halfway through is an unfitting move for Sabaton. This is just plain bad. Please, don't listen.

February 13, 2024 02:29 AM

Acheron would've been a perfect album if not for a couple pointless stinker interludes like this one that's more suitable as the soundtrack to a video game's main menu: