Track Of The Day - The Gateway Edition

December 07, 2022 08:50 AM

There are a couple highlights worth mentioning from Demon Hunter's new album, including a beautiful 7-minute epic featuring Tom S. Englund of Evergrey:

And this one having incredible radio single potential:

December 29, 2022 05:30 AM

The new video game Metal Hellsinger has a soundtrack of original metal songs featuring several well-known metal vocalists, and those songs play an important role in the game where you can shoot and reload to the beat for extra points. This one, featuring Serj Tankian, sounds like a more epic take on his band System of a Down while keeping some of the band's humor:

December 30, 2022 10:45 AM

This is one of my brother's current favorite songs, and throughout the different times he played it during one of my car rides with him driving, it has grown on me to the point that I like it too. Although it's closer to the alt-rock/metal that he likes while having a bit of melodic metalcore elements, it's good enough for me to request the song to be added to the January Gateway playlist that will appear this Sunday.

January 15, 2023 11:14 PM

A strong motivational hard rock/alt-metal anthem:

January 23, 2023 11:47 AM

Katatonia has made a thrilling return to higher form in their new album Sky Void of Stars, proven by tracks such as this progressive opener:

February 02, 2023 07:18 AM

An alternative/progressive metal/rock highlight of fuzzy guitar magic, from the members of Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age, and At the Drive-In: