Bands with stacks of albums that no-one cares about

May 05, 2022 10:05 AM

Why do I get the feeling that Andi will be getting a lot of enjoyment out of those release(page)s?

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
May 06, 2022 05:08 AM
May 21, 2022 02:31 AM

...Wow. Shocking. Never expected you to actually do it. You have my respect and applause. Gonna be fun as hell to rate those album covers eventually lol

May 30, 2022 11:32 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a band who's sole claim to fame is that they were on M-A's top 100 list of bands by number of full-lengths...Baboon/Baboon Rising. And also used to not have any reviews whatsoever, which was irrespective of quality, they just weren't on the internet.

Quoted Morpheus Kitami

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/baboon_rising

In RYM, no ratings at all, and the last two albums are missing.

Ben
Ben
May 31, 2022 01:09 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a band who's sole claim to fame is that they were on M-A's top 100 list of bands by number of full-lengths...Baboon/Baboon Rising. And also used to not have any reviews whatsoever, which was irrespective of quality, their music just wasn't on the internet.

Quoted Morpheus Kitami

That's impressive! Unfortunately, despite seeing this as a challenge, I don't think I can add Baboon Rising to Metal Academy. Since I have to select a clan for every release, I rely on RYM genre voting to be accurate. Given no-one has voted on any of these releases, I can't be certain that they all belong to The Guardians.

Ben
Ben
April 26, 2023 11:18 PM

Just added a new band that fits this topic nicely. Wintaar have 39 full length albums, all released between 2016 and 2023. Only one album has more than 25 ratings, bring Winterwomb from 2017. So much effort... so little response.

I do wonder what keeps bands like this going, particularly at such a high rate of output. Anyway, the good news is that many of these albums have outstanding covers, which made adding them to the site quite enjoyable.

April 27, 2023 09:46 AM

I have actually listened to Wintaar a bit and have rated two or three of his albums, the best of which is Nordic Glares Bless the Dead which I described at the time as "Rabid-sounding, blasting, russian black metal that will strip the paint off your car at fifty paces!" Not bad, but not great either. I guess it's easier for a lone wolf outfit to keep going in the face of massive indifference than it is a full band. You have got to admire artist's like these tenacity in a way. Might check a couple more of his albums out now you've reminded me of him, Ben, as I haven't listened to him for a while.