May 2022 "The Guardians" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post May 01, 2022 08:00 AM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3w8wz5HBOoks78mYzldAMq

1. Wintersun – “Land of Snow and Sorrow” (from “Time I”, 2012) [Submitted by Andi]

2. Shield of Wings – “Cedar” (from “Unfinished”, 2022)

3. Bloodbound – “Take One” (from “Tabula Rasa”, 2009)

4. Accept – “Too Mean To Die” (from “Too Mean To Die”, 2021) [Submitted by Andi]

5. Maule – “Summoner" (from "Maule”, 2022)

6. Satan – “Twelve Infernal Lords” (from “Earth Infernal", 2022)

7. Bruce Dickinson – “The Alchemist” (from “The Chemical Wedding”, 2001 Remaster)

8. Savatage – “She's In Love” (from “Gutter Ballet”, 1990) [Submitted by Andi]

9. Diamond Head – “The Coffin Train” (from “The Coffin Train”, 2019)

10. Sabaton – "Stormtroopers” (from “The War to End All Wars”, 2022)

11. Alestorm – “No Quarter” (from “Black Sails At Midnight”, 2009) [Submitted by Andi]

12. The Lord Weird Slough Feg – “Cauldron of Blood” (from “Down Among the Deadmen”, 2013)

13. Stray Gods – “Silver Moon” (from “Storm The Walls”, 2022)

14. Sonata Arctica – “FullMoon” (from “Ecliptica”, 1999) [Submitted by Andi]

15. The Ferrymen – “Bring Me Home” (from “A New Evil" 2019)

16. Rusty Cooley – “War of the Angels” (from “The Alchemists”, 2002)

17. Kamelot – “Center of the Universe” (from “Epica", 2003) [Submitted by Andi]

18. New Horizon – “Cry for Freedom” (from “Gate of the Gods”, 2022)

19. Judas Priest – “Lightning Strike” (from “Firepower”, 2018)

20. Smoulder – “Warrior Witch of Hell” (from “Dream Quest Ends”, 2020)

21. Neurotech – “The Halcyon Symphony” (from “Symphonies”, 2016)

May 01, 2022 02:10 PM

I was away for the weekend and when doing these I'm 12 hours behind Australia, I got the playlist to Daniel when I could and was ridiculously tired so I posted the track listing and couldn't stay awake for when Daniel got around to updating the Spotify link. I was going to take care of it when I woke up, I understand that I missed this or whatever, alright? 

May 01, 2022 07:08 PM

I don't think it is fair to publicly call out another member of the forum in this manner Andi.  If it bothers you that the thread was not there then I think it would have been nicer to drop Xephyr a PM to see if everything was ok rather than create the thread and then publicly remind him of how and when things need to be done.

That kind of behaviour makes me uncomfortable and I will not just let that go unchallenged.  I am not speaking for Xephyr here but the fact that you have made him feel like he has to explain himself to you is not what I would expect from anyone in this community.  

I am not looking to pick a fight either I just unhappy with how this has been done.

May 01, 2022 09:10 PM

I think a bit of patience probably wouldn't go amiss. Apart from the time differences, people do have a life outside of the internet. We may not be aware of another member's current situation and sometimes an internet forum may not necessarily be their highest priority. Remember we all do this voluntarily and don't need to be hassled if things aren't done bang on time.

May 01, 2022 11:14 PM

Guys, I just thought it would be helpful to Xephyr and Saxy for me to create their respective playlist threads. They wouldn't have to spend any extra time making those threads, while I can do the commenting as soon as possible. I have a life outside the internet as well. But if there's a rule that only the creator of a playlist can create a thread for that playlist, and I know about it earlier, then I would've let go of the matter. Now I understand that not everyone needs to be helped.

Another issue, regarding this specific clan playlist, is my evidential dwindling passion for The Guardians. I was kind of over-rushing on creating this thread and commenting on half the songs in this playlist, and wanted to get them all done because, like I said, I have a life outside the internet and might be away for some events this week. So some of those comments I've made may not be accurate to how I truly feel, especially since I've announced moving away from half of those bands within the past couple months or so, and the power metal bands I liked more at least 5 years ago than now. So with that, I think, as of now, I'm gonna take a hiatus from The Guardians and any Guardians-related activities, then later see if I'm up to continuing my time in the clan or switching to a different clan I'm more comfortable in. Sorry for any trouble I've caused, all....