Make a recommendation to a fellow member of The Revolution

First Post November 25, 2019 06:58 AM

If you think one of your clan-mates might really dig something you can make a recommendation to them here.

November 25, 2019 08:21 AM

There are many awesome metalcore bands but here are a few I would recommend to fellow Revolution members, listed below. If you haven't listened to them yet, you should. But if you already listen to them, well done!

Trivium

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Unearth

August Burns Red

Bullet for My Valentine

Bleeding Through

Born of Osiris

Betraying the Martyrs

Between the Buried and Me (before 2009)

November 25, 2019 10:20 AM

Not a Revolutionist but I like my fair share so I second The Dillinger Escape Plan and August Burns Red.

May I add Parkway Drive, Every Time I Die, and Norma Jean? 

November 25, 2019 01:59 PM

I haven't listened to Parkway Drive yet, but my brother (who is usually a heavy/alt-rock/post-grunge listener) was listening to that band the other day and he suggested I listen to one of their songs, "Wishing Wells" from their new album Reverence, in which the band heads toward a classic heavy/alt-metal sound. I got a metal recommendation from my alt-rock-loving brother! I'll put that band in my list of bands to try listening to someday...

November 25, 2019 06:11 PM
Reverence is a complete change in direction for them. I personally am not a fan, but it does lean more towards alt-metal instead of metalcore. Check out Boneyard off their 2007 album Horizons. 
November 25, 2019 11:15 PM

I'll be checking out Parkway Drive sometime today, starting with "Wishing Wells" and "Boneyards". This will be rather interesting to choose which side am I on, my brother's alt-metal side or the strictly metalcore side or probably both. Good recommendation, Shezma!

April 09, 2020 08:17 AM

Converge - "You Fail Me" (2004)

Andi, are you across this one? If not then I suggest you get on it.

April 09, 2020 08:26 AM
You never fail at giving me great recommendations, Daniel! I'll listen to and review that Converge album tomorrow.
April 10, 2020 12:49 AM

A brilliant metalcore/mathcore offering! 5/5. Cheers for that, Daniel!

April 13, 2020 09:27 AM
On a related topic, can you believe that Metal Archives don't even include Converge at all as they don't consider them to be a metal band??
April 13, 2020 11:05 AM
I know, right?! Metal Archives don't accept metalcore bands unless they're "more metal than core"! And a few bands they've rejected don't even play metalcore anymore, such as Avenged Sevenfold and Between the Buried and Me, who both used to be metalcore before each going off in their own metal directions. That's why I stopped my time in Metal Archives when I used to have an account there before joining the Metal Academy. It just doesn't feel right for me that one of my favorite metal genres is put down for being "not metal enough". Metal is metal, and I'm glad to currently be in a nice website that respects all of the major metal genres and accepts metal bands and releases based on their true style (RYM primary genres), not whether or not it's "metal enough". It looks like The Gateway, Revolution, and Sphere are almost non-existent in the Metal Archives...
June 30, 2020 11:45 AM

Andi, are you already onboard with this one? If not then I'd suggest you get on it.

June 30, 2020 12:35 PM
I believe I've already listened to that EP before, but I haven't done a review for it yet because I was only reviewing the studio albums. I plan on starting my unofficial Ultimate Metal Family Tree band challenge (https://metal.academy/forum/23/thread/414) tomorrow, and The Dillinger Escape Plan is in the metalcore part of that challenge. So as soon as I reach the metalcore part, I shall get right on listening to that EP and reviewing it!
July 05, 2020 01:56 AM

MartinDavey87, have you checked Protest The Hero's 2006 debut album "Kezia" out before? Yes its sound is based on the melodic metalcore blueprint however its execution is spectacularly ambitious & progressive with incredibly complex arrangements & constantly evolving song-structures. I think you might dig it.

July 05, 2020 06:12 AM

MartinDavey87, I would also recommend Protest the Hero's newest album Palimpsest. I haven't completely listened to that album yet, but upon reading saxystephens' review, I have a good progressive feeling about it. I might dig it once I listen, and maybe you might too!

July 07, 2020 12:31 AM

Andi, are you already onboard with this one? If not then I'd suggest you get on it.

Quoted Daniel

One of the most incredible mathcore EPs! 5/5. Cheers for the rec, Daniel!

August 13, 2020 10:44 AM

Get on this one immediately Andi. It will blow your mind.

August 13, 2020 11:29 AM
An album from a short-lived yet influential band developing the mathcore and metalcore movements! I shall give that one a listen and a review soon...
August 14, 2020 12:53 AM
Absolutely mind-blowing mathcore! 5/5. Cheers for the rec, Daniel!
November 18, 2020 09:00 PM

Gaza - "I Don't Care Where I Go When I Die" (2006)

I'm keen to get your thoughts on our November feature album Andi.

November 18, 2020 11:36 PM
Man, November is a month of featured releases for two of my clans that I haven't listened to them yet but might enjoy. I'll get on that Gaza album soon, Daniel. Maybe after that rating/review issue gets fixed...
November 19, 2020 12:06 AM

Andi, I've recently changed my direction with the selection criteria for our feature releases. I'm now focusing much more on picking releases that the clan members may not be familiar with but would likely enjoy so I'd encourage you to check out the ones that are associated with your four clans moving forwards.

November 19, 2020 02:01 AM
I just gave that Gaza album a listen and a review. A perfect mathcore/grindcore offering, unlike what I thought of that Gulch album. 5/5. Cheers for the rec, Daniel!
February 16, 2021 08:20 PM

Andi, you need to hear this month's spectacular The Revolution feature release.