Requests for The Revolution Bands to be added to Metal Academy

February 27, 2020 08:32 AM

Ben, please add Resist The Thought (Australia).

February 29, 2020 06:59 PM

Hi Ben, when you have a chance could you please add Famous Last Words (USA)?

March 12, 2020 09:12 PM

Ben, please add Starkweather (USA).

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
March 15, 2020 07:54 PM

Ben, please add Starkweather (USA).

Quoted Daniel

Already on the site?

March 16, 2020 01:28 AM

Ben, please add Suicide Silence (USA).

April 24, 2020 10:36 PM

Ben, please add the new Trivium album What the Dead Men Say.

May 12, 2020 10:51 AM

Ben, please add these bands:

Asking Alexandria

Attila

The Crimson Armada

August 15, 2020 02:39 AM
Ben, please add Prayer for Cleansing.
September 12, 2020 04:35 AM
Ben, please add Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas.
November 28, 2020 10:37 AM
Ben, please add the new Within the Ruins album Black Heart.
January 30, 2021 09:15 PM

Ben, please add US mathcore outfit Inside The Beehive.

April 03, 2021 09:00 AM

Ben, please add Scars of Tomorrow.

April 04, 2021 03:13 AM

Ben, please add Darkness Divided.

April 04, 2021 08:12 AM

Ben, please add Shattered Sun.

April 04, 2021 08:25 AM

Ben, please add Across Five Aprils.

April 04, 2021 08:30 AM

Ben, please add Eternal Lord.

April 04, 2021 08:34 AM

Ben, please add Savage Hands.

May 01, 2021 10:41 PM

Ben, please add Sky Eats Airplane. But on one condition! We are currently settling a experiment on whether or not Nintendocore is a metal subgenre (https://metal.academy/forum/14/thread/749?page=1#topic_6548) and Sky Eats Airplane is one of those bands. So could you please listen to the 3 Nintendocore songs in that thread including the Sky Eats Airplane track and decide whether or not they're metal enough for Nintendocore to stay in the site? If you consider them metal, then Sky Eats Airplane can be added to the site. If you consider them non-metal, then that subgenre is out of here. There's also a trancecore/trance-metal experiment to see if you agree that Trancecore and Trance Metal have good connection and Trancecore should be a Trance Metal subgenre instead of Melodic Metalcore, so please participate in that one too. And please add in the Bodom After Midnight EP that I requested in the Horde thread soon, so I can give that one a review. OK thanks!

May 02, 2021 12:43 AM

In all due respect Andi, I think we need to determine if trancecore is even a subgenre of metal at all before looking at moving it under another primary genre, particularly as trance metal isn't exactly a well defined genre in itself with only a few bands sitting under the tag with any regularity.

May 02, 2021 01:27 AM
Wow, there are much fewer trance metal releases (18) than trancecore releases (45). How about this; we try the trancecore/trance metal comparison experiment (after the Nintendocore one) to see if it the two genres connect well to extend the amount of trance metal releases, and if they don't, then we test out a few more trancecore songs like how we did the Nintendocore experiment, and if they still don't sound metal, then that subgenre is out of here. If that happens, the consequence would be having to sacrifice trance metal as a primary genre and demote it to a secondary subgenre to... I think it would be a more appropriate subgenre to industrial metal because I have no idea how it's in The Revolution. There's not a lot of relation between trance metal and metalcore, barely even the vocals, and the synth effects that are a main part of trance is more similar to industrial metal and cyber metal. Anyone else agree? But if we demote trance metal into an industrial metal subgenre, that just leaves The Revolution with only metalcore and melodic metalcore as primary genres. On top of that, melodic metalcore is now just a secondary subgenre to metalcore in RYM, so if we do the same for Metal Academy, The Revolution would just be a single-genre clan. Man that would be a lot to change, and I'm not sure I'm up for that. We'll just see how our experiments go first. Sounds good?
May 02, 2021 01:45 AM

Wwooohhhh cowboy! Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. There’s absolutely no reason to compare trancecore & trance metal if trancecore ends up being deemed as non-metal (which I suspect there’s a good chance of). 

And for the record, Trance Metal was lumped in with The Revolution because we thought the most likely crossover of fan bases was with the Melodic Metalcore crowd (which has proven to be accurate if you’re anything to go by). We had to put it somewhere initially & didn’t have any better ideas. We certainly weren’t going to give it its own clan. Anyway, it’ll be looked at down the track so let’s just take things one step at a time, starting with Nintendocore.

May 02, 2021 02:42 AM

OK, Daniel. It looks like the amount of votes for Nintendocore to be deemed "non-metal" is ahead (two to one), but we'll look out for any more votes coming in...

July 03, 2021 09:01 AM

Ben, please add the new Born of Osiris album Angel or Alien.

July 24, 2021 08:04 AM

Ben, please add the new Attila album Closure.