Make a recommendation to a fellow member of The Pit

May 18, 2021 09:23 PM

Nekromantheon - "Visions Of Trismegistos" (2021)

Ben, if you don't think thrash metal has the potential to produce any more underground classics then think again. You need to hear this one.

July 02, 2021 03:53 AM

Razor - "Violent Restitution" (1988)

Ever given this one a spin Vinny? I think you'll dig it.

December 24, 2021 02:22 PM

Picked up this after seeing it mentioned on the RYM official metal board (it is good for something then!) I don't know if you're familiar with these fellow Aussies Daniel, but no one has rated any of their stuff yet. Think you may dig their raw deaththrash. Vinny, you may want to get onto this as well.

December 24, 2021 05:07 PM

I know it very well Sonny. In fact, I used to hang out in the same circles as Sadistik Exekution back in the day & knew them all personally. Bassist & band leader Dave Slave was actually my ex-girlfriend’s best friend & came round to my house for lunch every now & then. He gave me my copy of “The Magus” for free. Guitarist Kriss Hades was her ex-boyfriend & there was no love lost between us.

December 24, 2021 08:05 PM

I know it very well Sonny. In fact, I used to hang out in the same circles as Sadistik Exekution back in the day & knew them all personally. Bassist & band leader Dave Slave was actually my ex-girlfriend’s best friend & came round to my house for lunch every now & then. He gave me my copy of “The Magus” for free. Guitarist Kriss Hades was her ex-boyfriend & there was no love lost between us.

Quoted Daniel

Ah, err.. Well that's a bit awkward! I still like the album, although obviously the guitar playing is crap!

Seriously though, I was very impressed by this, it seems quite technical and varied, despite the poor production (although I love this kind of ratty production job on extreme metal anyway).

Kudos for hanging out with dudes who can produce such cool music.

December 24, 2021 08:15 PM

Hahaha… it’s all good. Kriss doesn’t play on “The Magus”. It was their previous guitarist Sandy.

December 24, 2021 08:19 PM

Oh, in that case, the guitar playing is awesome too. Pity they went downhill after this though *ahem*.

January 03, 2022 11:50 AM

Vinny, you seriously need to listen to this month's Pit featured release of ultra-fast thrash greatness:

January 03, 2022 04:06 PM

I already own it Andi, thanks.  Just never got around to rating or reviewing on here yet.