Make a recommendation to a fellow member of The Pit

First Post November 25, 2019 06:58 AM

If you think one of your clan-mates might really dig something you can make a recommendation to them here.

November 25, 2019 08:17 AM
I'm not in The Pit, even though a few bands from my top 3 clans have Pit-like thrash/groove/speed elements in their sound, but a band that I would recommend to not only Pit members but also to some Horde and Revolution members is Lamb of God, a groove/thrash metal band with death metal/metalcore influences. Enjoy!
December 10, 2019 06:35 AM

Ben, despite me only rating it a 3.5/5 this afternoon, I still think that you'd really dig Vektor's "Terminal Redux" album. I think you're more likely to be able to deal with some of it's eccentricities than I am to be honest.

December 12, 2019 06:20 PM

Protector - "Misanthropy" E.P. (1987) 

The debut release from this German death/thrash outfit. An extremely consistent record that deserves a lot more attention than it's received over the years. It's really quite brutal for the time & fans of Possessed, "Abominations Of Desolation"-era Morbid Angel & early Sepultura will completely froth over this. It's a forgotten gem in my opinion. 

4/5 

Quoted Daniel

Have you checked this one out Sonny92? I think you'd really dig it. You too Ben.

December 12, 2019 06:49 PM

No, I haven't but I will do soon as I can.

December 12, 2019 07:35 PM

Yeah, I like it - slots right in between Possessed and Morbid Angel.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
December 13, 2019 12:11 AM
Listening now. Totally agree with the Possessed / Morbid Angel references, and you were right to call this death metal Daniel.
February 08, 2020 08:10 PM

Sonny, Vinny, Ben & Tymell, I think you'll dig this for some nice raw & aggressive speed metal-infused US thrash in the vein of Metallica, Testament & Megadeth's debut albums (particularly the faster stuff from "Kill 'Em All").

February 18, 2020 11:28 AM

christangrant, given your strong passion for classic Slayer, I think you might really dig this one. Give it a few spins & let us know what you think.

February 18, 2020 07:29 PM

Sonny, Vinny, Ben & Tymell, I think you'll dig this for some nice raw & aggressive speed metal-infused US thrash in the vein of Metallica, Testament & Megadeth's debut albums (particularly the faster stuff from "Kill 'Em All").

Quoted Daniel

Cheers for the rec! I'm giving a try right now, loving the riffing and tone, definitely does remind me of some old school thrash ala Kill 'em All or Artillery.

Ultraboris giving it a bad score on metal-archives is also always a fantastic sign.

February 18, 2020 11:58 PM

No problem at all. I’d be interested to get your take on that a Exumer record too actually.

February 19, 2020 08:11 PM

I shall give it a spin sometime. I liked their debut a lot, and The Raging Tides was one of my faves of 2016.

February 24, 2020 04:54 AM

Sonny & Vinny, I recommend that you give this one a shot for some mid-80's Slayer/Dark Angel style US thrash.

February 24, 2020 11:51 AM

Daniel, you omitted to say it's like Slayer on PCP! It's rare to hear an album that sounds so damn enthusiastic. I can really imagine the singer completely losing his shit on stage. It's a shame this isn't more popular than it is, it puts to shame any number of better known releases by sheer force of personality alone.

March 02, 2020 08:26 AM

Andi, if you haven't already heard this Artillery's third album, I think it could be right up your alley.

March 02, 2020 09:17 AM
Good suggestion, Daniel! I will give that Artillery album a listen soon.
March 03, 2020 01:00 PM
Excellent thrash classic, Daniel! 4.5/5. Cheers for the recommendation!
March 28, 2020 09:21 PM

Ben, Tymell, Sonny & Vinny, I recommend that you all give this Belgian thrash metal record from 1987 a few spins. Very enjoyable stuff indeed.

March 30, 2020 12:05 PM

Ben, Tymell, Sonny & Vinny, I recommend that you all give this Belgian thrash metal record from 1987 a few spins. Very enjoyable stuff indeed.

Quoted Daniel

Playing now, definite Exodus/Overkill influence on the vocals and so many others on the overall sound.  I like it, thanks Daniel.

April 16, 2020 09:18 AM

Tymell & Vinny, I think you'll really dig this undiscovered gem from 1987. High quality Canadian thrash combined with crossover thrash & the occasional tech thrash leaning.

April 16, 2020 12:32 PM

Cheers Daniel, some solid thrash there, very old school.

June 02, 2020 03:37 AM

Sonny, have you checked this one out before? I think you'll probably dig it as I know you loved their debut.

June 13, 2020 07:01 AM

Hey there, Chris! Since you're really into the Jesus Built My Hotrod 12” by Ministry, I'm gonna recommend to you a cover of that song by Burn the Priest (Lamb of God). It has a greater groove feeling while they managed to keep the fast industrial sound of the original and make it sound heavier. I guarantee you would have a fun blast and you can even share it with Rebecca, I assume your sister? Girlfriend/wife? Sorry if I sound personally interrogating there... Anyway, enjoy this!

June 14, 2020 01:26 PM

Tymell & Vinny, I think you'll really dig this undiscovered gem from 1987. High quality Canadian thrash combined with crossover thrash & the occasional tech thrash leaning.

Quoted Daniel

On my rotation Trello to check out this coming week, thanks.