October 2021 "The Guardians" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post September 30, 2021 07:45 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3w8wz5HBOoks78mYzldAMq?si=92d0abef75834a49

Tracklisting:

01. Lunar Shadow – “Red Nails (For The Pillar Of Death)” (from “The Smokeless Fires”, 2019) [Submitted by Xephyr]

02. Unleash The Archers – “Northwest Passage” (from “Explorers” E.P., 2019) [Submitted by Vinny]

03. Therion – “To Mega Therion” (from “Theli”, 1996)

04. Savatage – “Sarajevo” (from “Dead Winter Dead”, 1995) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

05. Iron Maiden – “The Writing On The Wall” (from “Senjutsu”, 2021)

06. Quartz – “Stand Up & Fight” (from “Stand Up & Fight”, 1980)

07. Queensryche – “Walk In The Shadows” (from “Rage For order”, 1986) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

08. Russell Allen & Jorn Lande – “Hymn For The Fallen” (from “The Great Divide”, 2014) [Submitted by Xephyr]

09. Spirit Adrift – “Invisible Enemy” (from “Forge Your Future” E.P., 2021) [Submitted by Xephyr]

10. Chastain – “Black Knight” (from “Mystery Of Illusion”, 1985) [Submitted by Vinny]

11. The Lord Weird Slough Feg – “Asteroid Belts” (from “Traveller”, 2003) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

12. Pharaoh – “Lost In The Waves” (from “The Powers That Be”, 2021) [Submitted by Xephyr]

13. Kobra & the Lotus – “High Priestess” (from “High Priestess”, 2014) [Submitted by Vinny]

14. Dark Moor – “Halloween” (from “The Fall Of Melnibone” E.P., 2001) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

15. Warlock – “Touch Of Evil” (from “Triumph & Agony”, 1987) [Submitted by Vinny]

16. Powerwolf – “Dancing With The Dead” (from “Call Of The Wild”, 2021)

17. Crystal Viper – “The Cult” (from “The Cult”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

18. Grand Magus – “Holmgång” (from “Triumph & Power”, 2014) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

19. HammerFall – “Any Means Necessary” (from “No Sacrifice, No Victory”, 2009) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

20. Significant Point – “Into the Storm” (from “Into The Storm”, 2021)

21. Helloween – “Out For The Glory” (from “Helloween”, 2021)

22. Mystik – “Lake Of Necrosis” (from “Mystik”, 2019) [Submitted by Vinny]

23. Edu Falaschi – “The Ancestry” (from “Vera Cruz”, 2021)

October 01, 2021 01:54 AM

My thoughts on some tracks:

Savatage – “Sarajevo” (from “Dead Winter Dead”, 1995)

4/5. Dead Winter Dead is a recent favorite classic heavy metal album of mine and I love it all, along with their surrounding 90s albums. However, an intro is not usually the best of the album, still this one is very good. I submitted this one as a sneak peek for a special submission I plan for the December playlist. You can guess what it is...

Queensryche – “Walk In The Shadows” (from “Rage For order”, 1986)

4.5/5. This classic heavy metal track stays purely metal while beginning the band's more artistic direction. What makes this song a highlight is Geoff Tate's vocals of stylistic howling. The main riff and chorus melody are infectious enough to stay in your brain like a hotel visit.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg – “Asteroid Belts” (from “Traveller”, 2003)

4.5/5. This song continues those strong solos and riffs, along with a fantastic intro. Short comment for a short song!

Dark Moor – “Halloween” (from “The Fall Of Melnibone” E.P., 2001)

5/5. Pretty clever, right? Submitting this "Halloween" song for the month of Halloween... This has been an amazing epic from my earlier days of when my power metal taste was more emphasized. And yeah I enjoy this Dark Moor cover more. Sorry, Helloween.

Grand Magus – “Holmgång” (from “Triumph & Power”, 2014)

4/5. A short but enjoyable song. Enough said!

HammerFall – “Any Means Necessary” (from “No Sacrifice, No Victory”, 2009)

4.5/5. This track is from an album that's in the middle between the band's old and new eras. That song has a pattern of a driving verse, pounding bridge, and hymn-like chorus to prepare you for battle.