Another Judas Priest album is in our future

First Post April 19, 2019 11:20 PM

What are your thoughts on Rob Halford's recent response when asked whether there will be another Priest studio album?

"Absolutely. In fact, Glenn's back in the U.K. now making riffs and going through… We have massive archives of riffs. It never stops. That's the joy of Priest in terms of creativity — we never seem to slow down. And when you get a successful record like 'Firepower', that motivates you even further. Any band will tell you that. You feed off the energy of what your fans are giving you. You wanna see your fans again and you wanna bring your fans something different next time. So that means making another metal song, which, amplify that by 10 ideas, and you've got another album. So that's the plan. There will be another album from Priest in the very near future."

December 01, 2019 08:32 AM

I thought Firepower was great.  They're such an exciting band, even with the lineup changes you never know what to expect from JP.

Definitely interested.

December 01, 2019 11:57 AM

They were fantastic on the "Firepower" tour too but it was obvious that Rob was struggling physically. In fact, I'm not sure if he was just not well on the night in question but he often seemed to be short of breath & left several of the choruses to the audience. The band was on fire though.

December 02, 2019 02:35 PM

I should re-listen to Firepower apparently, because everyone except me seems to really like that album. I listened to it quite a few times last year and at the time just didn't get much out of it, but since then I've gone through pretty much all of their discography over again so maybe I'll get something different out of it.

It's always great to see that a legendary band is still making music, but I'd rather see a band like Preist go out on a "swan song" album like Firepower that fans really enjoyed rather than another attempt to capture what they had before. It sounds like they're really enthusiastic still so I'll slide over into the "high hopes" side of this.