Metal Academy Radio - "The Guardians" Playlist August 2020

First Post August 16, 2020 06:43 AM

So we're going to be testing the waters with another new offering this week which is one that I'll be looking for your feedback on. The idea is to release regular two hour Spotify playlists for each clan with the tracklistings taking the listener through the full gamut of sounds each clan encompasses, both old & new, classic & underground. In putting together the initial lists I've attempted to push my personal tastes to one side by including something for everyone with all eras & subgenres receiving representation. I certainly haven't gone with your more obvious releases all the time & you will find the odd novelty track included just for a bit of fun. These will certainly give people that are finding it hard to choose their clans a good point of reference to see if a particular clan is for them too. Check 'em out & tell us what you think. If everyone enjoys these then we may look to make them a more permanent part of the site.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3lv5vKFEMB3kzzGtcuHrrH?si=GSoC_M9WSs-P-Bhuo0o3JQ

Tracklisting:

01. Saxon – “Princess Of The Night (Live)” (from “The Eagle Has Landed: Live, 1982)

02. Jaguar – “Master Game” (from “Power Games”, 1983)

03. Tygers Of Pan Tang – “Gangland” (from “Spellbound”, 1981)

04. Chateaux – “Run In The Night” (from “FirePower”, 1984)

05. Black Sabbath – “Children Of The Grave” (from “Master Of Reality”, 1971)

06. Skid Row – “Delivering The Goods (Live feat. Rob Halford)” (from, “B-Sides Ourselves” EP, 1992)

07. Iron Maiden – Hallowed By Thy Name (Live)” (from “Live At Donington”, 1993)

08. Judas Priest – “Electric Eye” (from “Screaming For Vengeance”, 1982)

09. Black Magic – “Voodoo Curse” (from “Wizard’s Spell”, 2014)

10. Michael Angelo – “No Boundaries” (from “No Boundaries”, 1995)

11. Jason Becker – “Altitudes” (from “Perpetual Burn”, 1988)

12. Cacophony – “Speed Metal Symphony” (from “Speed Metal Symphony”, 1987)

13. Yngwie Malmsteen – “Arpeggios From Hell” (from “Relentless”, 2010)

14. Tarja – “Diva” (from “The Shadow Self”, 2016)

15. Nightwish – “Wishmaster” (from “Wishmaster” (2001)

16. Lacrimosa – “Schakal” (from “Inferno”, 1995)

17. Haggard – “Upon Fallen Autumn Leaves” (from “Tales Of Ithiria”, 2008)

18. Helloween – “Halloween” (from “Keeper Of The Seven Keys Pt. I”, 1987)

19. Powerglove – “Metal Kombat For The Mortal Man” (from “Metal Kombat For The Mortal Man”, 2007)

20. Sabaton – “The Red Baron” (from “The Great War”, 2019)

21. Guardians Of Time – “Iron Heart” (from “Rage & Fire”, 2015)

22. Sinbreed – “Master Creator” (from “Master Creator”, 2016)

August 30, 2020 04:11 PM

This list confirmed my dislike for the guitar wankery of Malmsteen, Becker and Friedman as well as Michael Angelo.  Some interesting stuff but a lot of it was already very familiar to me.  Will probably explore Jaguar more and the list underlined my need to pick up more Tygers of Pan Tang stuff.  Thanks for sharing.