January 2020 Feature Release - The Guardians Edition

First Post January 01, 2020 07:13 AM

The start of the New Year is upon us which of course means that we'll be nominating a brand new monthly feature release for each clan. This essentially means that we're asking you to rate, review & discuss our chosen features for no other reason than because we enjoy the process & banter. Ben & I will certainly be contributing & we look forward to hearing your thoughts too.  

This month's feature release for The Guardians is last year's fifth album from Australian power metallers LORD entitled "Fallen Idols." LORD are highly revered in my home country & sit amongst the senior exponents of the power metal sound here so I'm keen to hear your thoughts on the new record.

January 03, 2020 11:31 PM

I already did my review on its album page, but I'll just write a small summary here.

The moment this album started playing, it's as if I am being welcomed back into my earlier power metal taste. Lord still has their original power metal sound, but each of these 10 songs really do feel like a welcome back to the power metal bands I used to enjoy. Many songs have tempo ranging from mid to fast, killer guitar shredding, and fantasy lyrics. There are even some symphonic background keyboards in a few songs. Some songs are chill, others are chaotic. Once again, this album shows how much Lord is influenced while staying original and is an awesome comeback tour through the sounds of many power metal bands I used to listen to during my epic metal taste a few years ago. Praise the Lord!

January 04, 2020 12:55 AM

It's a great review too. Well done Andi.

January 04, 2020 01:58 AM

Thanks Daniel!