The Band Shirt Graveyard - The Guardians Edition

First Post December 15, 2019 11:51 AM

This old favourite was finally put to rest this week after many years of loyal service. It had stretched substantially over the years (mainly due to the fact that I'd shrunk a little since I haven't been working out as diligently since baby number two) & I'd been using it to sleep in for some time now as it was very comfortable indeed. But sadly the stretching had caused the fabric to thin out & a tear had developed under one of the arms. It had recently gotten so bad that I decided it was time to let it join Lemmy in rock 'n' roll heaven but I certainly paused for a moment of reflection before tossing it into the bin.

November 20, 2021 07:26 AM

Devastated that this ol' favourite has finally packed it in after the material under armpits gave way due to overuse. It's likely my most used piece of clothing ever I would think. On the plus side, I have a one in/one out policy so I wasted no time whatsoever in securing myself a super-cool replacement band shirt.

January 01, 2023 05:00 AM

This old favourite has finally gotten too tatty for my wife to accept as suitable gentlemanly attire so I've reluctantly been forced to send it into retirement.

September 18, 2023 10:58 AM

Not exactly destined for the graveyard this one, but my sister found an old Motorhead Reading Festival 1979 scarf of mine amongst some of my dad's stuff she was sorting out. I didn't go to the Reading Festival in '79 (that summer's festival for me was Zeppelin at Knebworth Park), but I picked this up at a gig on the Bomber tour in November the same year. Can't believe it's 44 years old - older than a lot of you reading this no doubt!!

January 26, 2024 12:15 AM

My old Iron Maiden "World Slavery Tour 1984-85" baseball shirt has finally packed it in which has left me feeling quite emotional.