Make a recommendation to a fellow member of The Gateway

First Post November 25, 2019 06:56 AM

If you think one of your clan-mates might really dig something you can make a recommendation to them here.

June 04, 2021 12:37 PM

The first ever Gateway recommendation goes to... MartinDavey87! I think you might dig Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory EP and The Hunting Party album as much as their other two metal albums. Also I have a favor to ask you about one of the releases; could you please help me vote in the Rap Metal subgenre for the Hybrid Theory EP? Seems a little tacky and I don't wanna spoil too much for you before your review, but half the amount of songs in the EP have a more hip-hop-ish metal sound with only Mike Shinoda's rapping in the vocals. You don't have to vote if you disagree, though it's very likely you'll find what I'm talking about. OK thanks Martin!

June 08, 2021 11:48 AM

Hello again, MartinDavey87! I don't know whether or not you have listened to those two Linkin Park recommendations, but I hope you had because I have a couple more for you; their remix albums Reanimation and Collision Course! Also could you please help me vote in the Rap Metal subgenre for both releases? Seems a little tacky and I don't wanna spoil too much for you before your reviews, but many of the songs in each album, especially the latter, have a more hip-hop-ish metal sound with mostly or solely rapping in the vocals. You don't have to vote if you disagree, though it's very likely you'll find what I'm talking about. OK thanks Martin!

June 10, 2022 09:38 AM

Hey there, Daniel! I thought I would let you know that the deluxe version of the Treyarch Sound's "Call of Duty: Black Ops - Zombies Soundtrack" includes 3 bonus tracks that are all metal, none of the non-metal OST sounds from most of the standard edition's main tracks. These bonus tracks are heavier than even the standard edition's metal tracks, with the last of the 3 approaching ultra-heavy punky death metal during the harsh-vocal parts. There's no chance that you would ever change your mind about the soundtrack being non-metal, but please check out these bonus tracks and let us know what you think. Saxy, I would recommend them to you as well: