Rage Against The Machine reform

First Post November 02, 2019 10:51 PM

So it would seem that this is now a thing according to Facebook. Thoughts? Personally I'm all for it as they're one of the biggest metal bands that I'm still yet to tick off my list as far as live show attendance goes.

November 03, 2019 10:27 PM

There's definitely enough to get angry about in the world right now, so they could make a big comeback, but I'm not sure. Prophets of Rage was a thing with Tom Morello and it didn't go so well, so they'll have to really come out with some interesting material to win over people in the same way they did before. I think if they come back and just rehash their old formula it might be good for a song or two, but that's about it. 

Seeing them live would be awesome so you're right on that part.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
November 04, 2019 12:13 AM

Gonna assume that they're not getting back together because someone told them to do it. After all, they've been pretty clear in the past that they're not going to do what anyone tells them to do.

November 17, 2019 09:48 AM

I always get nervous when a band that's been broken up for a long time reforms. Though with RATM I don't believe they'd do it just for a cashgrab, it's still definitely to be seen whether they still have the poise to make compelling music - if they even go that far.

November 17, 2019 10:56 AM

I can't see them doing it purely for the money. I mean they've likely been offered a ridiculous amount of money over the years but have always turned it down.... until now. Hhhmmm… it doesn't reek of financial desperation to me. It seems more like unfinished business.