2021 Metal Academy "The Gateway" Clan Awards

First Post February 02, 2022 10:59 AM

So the hour is finally at hand. The announcement that all of our dedicated clan members have been eagerly anticipating for the last couple of months has arrived at long last. It brings me great pleasure to announce that The Gateway's Release of the Year iiiiiissssss....... *insert blast beat drum roll here*

Chevelle - "Niratias"

And The Gateway's Cover Artwork Of The Year goes ttttttooooooo...

Chevelle - "Niratias"

February 02, 2022 03:01 PM

Not a bad choice at all, especially for fans of Tool. Personally I would have liked to see Whitechapel win, but hey, you can't have everything.

February 03, 2022 01:52 AM

Really glad to see this one, kind of excited to go back in time to Chevelle's older stuff from the Monthly Feature compared to Naritias considering how much I listened to it this year. I love the direction they went with this one, Chevelle finally carved their own sound out of a lot of influences compared to their older stuff where they were pretty second rate compared to other, similar bands in my opinion. 

February 03, 2022 11:32 AM

I never actually got around to listening to "Niratias" although I did enjoy all of the tracks I selected for the monthly playlists so it definitely shows strong potential. Perhaps I'll see how I go with this month's feature release first though as it'll be my first attempt at taking on a full Chevelle record.