"10 terrible albums" or not?

First Post October 12, 2021 12:17 PM

I just found this YouTube video about this guy's opinions about 10 albums he thinks are terrible:

But ARE they though?? A few of these albums are known to be classics (such as the Sepultura and Celtic Frost albums), and some more of them seem decent and not bad enough to be condemned as atrocities. It is quite odd that he chose the album with my ultimate favorite song (DragonForce's Inhuman Rampage, "Through the Fire and Flames") and the album with the worst ever metal song in my opinion (My Dying Bride's 34.788%... Complete, "Heroin Chic"), but hey, it was his choice of albums. So to paraphrase a catchphrase from a certain cartoon rabbit, ain't they stinkers? Discuss!

October 12, 2021 07:32 PM

I just found this YouTube video about this guy's opinions about 10 albums he thinks are terrible:

But ARE they though?? A few of these albums are known to be classics (such as the Sepultura and Celtic Frost albums), and some more of them seem decent and not bad enough to be condemned as atrocities. It is quite odd that he chose the album with my ultimate favorite song (DragonForce's Inhuman Rampage, "Through the Fire and Flames") and the album with the worst ever metal song in my opinion (My Dying Bride's 34.788%... Complete, "Heroin Chic"), but hey, it was his choice of albums. So to paraphrase a catchphrase from a certain cartoon rabbit, ain't they stinkers? Discuss!

Quoted shadowdoom9 (Andi)

I haven't watched the video (have no intention of doing so).  I cannot think of a more blatant attention seeking attempt other than blazing in bold and colourful font across your vid that you are going to deliberately tear into ten records.  These types are the former trolls of forums now given new life and "airtime" by the power of a webcam and a Youtube account.  Everything that is wrong with social media, vlogging and modern day trolling right here folks.

The focus here should not be on whether the person who made the video is correct or not (the intent is to say controversial things for views, likes and comment just for the hell of it - I mean he's holding a Dragonforce album in his hand so if he bought that album cold in the digital age, more fucking fool him) more of how bored this guy is that he actually thinks anyone wants to hear his drivel broadcast.

October 12, 2021 09:09 PM

I agree. A much better option would be to join the Academy & flame those records on the forums. ;)

October 12, 2021 09:17 PM

I guess he just wants to be an internet star like seemingly every single fucking person under 30 years old. 

October 12, 2021 11:49 PM

Apparently the video is a response to a thread challenge from some other site, "10 terrible albums that aren't St. Anger". I tried to Google it, but it has proven to be hard to find. If I were to list my own "10 terrible albums", half of them would be metal and the other half aren't. As some of you might recall, I've already written a list of 10 terrible SONGS as the first post of the "Greatest Sh*ts" thread, at the top of the page in this link (with new additions): https://metal.academy/forum/23/thread/149

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
October 13, 2021 03:58 AM

I'm all for people making lists like "10 albums that other metal fans love that I just don't connect with" or "my top 10 most disappointing albums". I have no time for videos like this one, that exist only to shit on someone else's birthday cake for the controversy (apparently the only way to get attention these days).