Clan challenge progress

September 13, 2023 02:27 AM

Hey all, i've been out a while due to the pandemic and man life has changed quite since i've been here last. Maybe I'm missing something, (and sorry I didn't feel like reading all the posts here in this thread) but what happened to the clan challenges lists, or where can I see them again? I was in the middle of doing the The North's challenges and reviewing all of the first album list but kinda lost track of that. I will say this site runs smoother than before as well and want to get back into things. Appreciate the hard work y'all do to see this still going through these last frustrating years though. :)

September 13, 2023 03:22 AM

Great to hear from ya Shezma & welcome back. You can find the Clan Challenges here:

https://metal.academy/lists/1

September 13, 2023 02:08 PM

Hey all, i've been out a while due to the pandemic and man life has changed quite since i've been here last. Maybe I'm missing something, (and sorry I didn't feel like reading all the posts here in this thread) but what happened to the clan challenges lists, or where can I see them again? I was in the middle of doing the The North's challenges and reviewing all of the first album list but kinda lost track of that. I will say this site runs smoother than before as well and want to get back into things. Appreciate the hard work y'all do to see this still going through these last frustrating years though. :)

Quoted Shezma

Good to have a metalhead back.

September 13, 2023 05:17 PM

I would've never thought to look in lists to be fair, but thanks. Maybe a link to those on the clan page as well? Appreciate the help, will get back in on this now. 

September 13, 2023 05:37 PM

I would've never thought to look in lists to be fair, but thanks. Maybe a link to those on the clan page as well? Appreciate the help, will get back in on this now. 

Quoted Shezma

Are you on mobile?  There should be three bars by your username, go a little under and to the right.  Touch that, and a menu will drop down, including a link to the clans page and the lists page.  If you're on Desktop, the menu is already expanded, albeit horizontal and not vertical.

November 25, 2023 07:13 PM

Finally after over 3 years of being on here and coming back I have finally finished the THE NORTH: Black Metal The 2nd Decade. Black metal is still not my thing, but I found new artists and albums to add to my listening collection. Now on to THE GUARDIANS: Heavy Metal - The 1st Era, where I feel I'll get a better feel for the roots of metal and such. Wonder if anyone else is still working on these, or if I am a bit late to the party and everyone's already done what they wanted. Still a great idea in my opinion. 

November 25, 2023 07:30 PM

Congratulations Shezma. I'm sure you'll find The 1st Era The Guardians challenge to be genuinely rewarding.

November 25, 2023 11:37 PM

Congrats, Shezma!

January 22, 2024 08:05 PM

You weren't wrong Daniel! 3 years to finish the North challenge, and about 2 months to do the Guardian one. With the North I think I had only heard maybe one or two albums before going into it and Guardians I had heard at least half of them before and was at least acquainted with the other bands that I hadn't heard the album before. Only a few I had no knowledge of. It was a great spread of styles. Now I'm onto my last challenge for The Infinite. There sure is a bunch for them, any suggestions of where to start to get a good variety there? I know Progressive is such a huge genre as is that the Infinite might be the widest variety of all the clans.

January 23, 2024 07:03 PM

Well done Shezma. I'd suggest going chronologically as it helps with context.

January 23, 2024 11:29 PM

Congrats Shezma. I would look at all the Infinite challenge lists, see which is likely to appeal to you most and then go through it in chronological order. I have always found that it helps in understanding the development of a genre and possible influences if you do it that way.