Battle Jackets- Let's See Them!

First Post June 08, 2024 03:48 PM

I

June 08, 2024 03:50 PM

and I got My Dying Bride on there shortly after the above was taken, a big one that goes under the Nocturnal Depression Patch in Red Font. 

June 08, 2024 07:47 PM

It might sound strange for someone that has such a lengthy metal story but I've never owned a battle jacket/vest. I always wore leather motorcycle jacket or a full-length trench coat back in my days playing in metal bands. I wear metal shirts exclusively, even today at 48 years of age.

June 08, 2024 08:09 PM

It might sound strange for someone that has such a lengthy metal story but I've never owned a battle jacket/vest. I always wore leather motorcycle jacket or a full-length trench coat back in my days playing in metal bands. I wear metal shirts exclusively, even today at 48 years of age.

Quoted Daniel

I've got a few rock shirts myself, but only for those I really love.  I got Zeppelin, Meat Loaf (concert), Alice Cooper (concert), Metallica, AC/DC (this was one of my first from when I barely had any so I bought it without loving them), two Bowie's, Rolling Stones, Queen and Pink Floyd.  it's more fun to find random rock shirts in stores than to order online, although I don't get a lot of options for real metal.

June 08, 2024 08:56 PM

When I was heavily into gigs, back when I was a lot younger, I wore a sleveless battle vest with a full back panel of Motorhead's Bomber over a leather bike jacket as I was also a biker and had no intention of having my skin flailed off in the event of a crash! I still have the leather jacket somewhere but it has been a long time since I could actually get it on. I think my sister may have my battle vest somewhere having rescued it from my parent's house after my dad passed away.

I am fourteen years older than my youngest brother and when he was two or three we got him a tiny denim jacket and I got a girlfriend to sew some of my extra patches on, so he had a little baby battle vest - although the little fucker has never liked metal or even rock music so it didn't influence him very much! I'll have to see if I have a picture anywhere.

Anyone else ever into bikes? I had a shedload from Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda 250s, through Honda 550 / 4, a 1968 Triumph 650 T120 Boneville and several Kawasakis - Z650, GPZ 600 and, my favourite after the Bonny, a Z1000 LTD factory custom.

Fucked knees have seen me have to leave the bikes behind, although I did have some stupid cars for a while until I got all old and sensible, and severe tinnitus has seen me leave gigs in the past too (although I do like to go to stand-up comedy shows sometimes).

June 08, 2024 09:03 PM

I got a bunch of T-Shirts too of course. Two closets and two drawers full of em. Rockin Obituary: Slowly we Rot T at the moment. Never owned a Motorcycle, you can only make use of em about 2 months of the year up here, and even then Detroit Drivers and Pot Holes!? Brother, I love my life lol.

That story about your old jacket sounds fuckin awesome though and I'd love to see that shit!

June 08, 2024 11:48 PM

Battle jackets look awesome, but all I can afford is band T-shirts.

June 09, 2024 04:05 AM

Battle jackets look awesome, but all I can afford is band T-shirts.

Quoted Shadowdoom9 (Andi)

Go to a thrift store, and get a cheap denim jacket. Then you order the patches seperately and sew them in. Patches are mostly cheap except for rare and tour patches. Authentic Bolt Thrower patches are very expensive and sought after.