October 2021 "The Revolution" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post September 30, 2021 07:56 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1yFgscg5HWKGoIy2s0xRfG?si=e816116409164a20

Tracklisting:

01. All Out War – “Resist” (from “Truth In The Age Of Lies”, 1997)

02. Unearth – “Incinerate” (from “Extinction(s)”, 2018) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

03. Lorna Shore – “To The Hellfire” (from “…And I Return To Nothingness” E.P., 2021)

04. Bullet For My Valentine – “The Last Fight” (from “Fever”, 2010) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

05. From Autumn To Ashes – “Short Stories With tragic Endings” (from “Too Bad You’re Beautiful”, 2000)

06. Poppy – “Breeders” (from “Eat (NXT Soundtrack) E.P., 2021)

07. Attack Attack! – “Smokahontas” (from “Attack Attack!”, 2010)

08. Shadows Fall – “Destroyer Of Senses” (from “The Art Of Balance”, 2002) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

09. Circuit Circuit – “Pray” (from “Circuit Circuit” E.P., 2021)

10. Zao – “Times Of Separation” (from “The Splinter Shards The Birth Of Separation”, 1997)

11. Destrage – “Jade’s Place” (from “The King Is Fat ‘n’ Old”, 2010)

12. Strongarm – “These Times That Try Men’s Souls” (from “The Advent Of A Miracle”, 1997)

13. Misery Signals – “Five Years” (from “Of Malice & The Magnum Heart”, 2004) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

14. Born Of Osiris – “Angel Or Alien” (from “Angel Or Alien”, 2021)

15. Amaranthe – “Drop Dead Cynical” (from “Massive Addictive”, 2014)

16. All That Remains – “Behind Silence & Solitude” (from “Behind Silence & Solitude”, 2002)

17. Every Time I Die – “The Logic Of Crocodiles” (from “Last Night In Town”, 2000)

18. After The Burial – “Pendulum” (from “In Dreams”, 2010) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

19. Wristmeetrazor – “Our Distress Entwined” (from “Replica Of A Strange Love”, 2021)

20. Wanderer – “Marionette” (from “Liberation From A Brutalist Existence”, 2021)

21. MouthBreather – “I Leave” (from “I’m Sorry Mr. Salesman”, 2021)

22. Converge – “No Heroes” (from “No Heroes”, 2006) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

23. Conducting From The Grave – “And Our War Will Dawn” (from “Revenants”, 2010)

24. Yautja – “Tethered” (from “The Lurch”, 2021)

25. Fawn Limbs – “Twitching, Lapsing” (from “Darwin Falls”, 2021)

26. Threat Signal – “One Last Breath” (from “Under Reprisal”, 2006) [Submitted by shadowdoom9 (Andi)]

27. Rings Of Saturn – “Seized & Devoured” (from “Embryonic Anomaly”, 2010)

28. Deformity – “Night Scars” (from “Murder Within Sin”, 1999)

29. Job For A Cowboy – “Entombment Of A Machine” (from “Doom” E.P., 2005)

30. Slaughter To Prevail – “Demolisher” (from “Kostolom”, 2021)

October 01, 2021 08:40 AM

My thoughts on some tracks:

All Out War – “Resist” (from “Truth In The Age Of Lies”, 1997)

4/5. Let's start the playlist with one of the more violent metallic hardcore bands that is a direct opposite of those suburban emo bands that wish for peace. Mike Score has sick vocal brutality going on. The first couple minutes play off almost like a slower "Hell Awaits", but after that, they don't need to go thrash, groove, or Swedish death metal. Instead this is OG metalcore that they've helped developed along with Integrity. F***ing great bad-a** sound, but the intensity is slightly overwhelming. This song would definitely be for old-school metalcore fans. War awaits...

Unearth – “Incinerate” (from “Extinction(s)”, 2018)

4.5/5. This one with a hardcore riff that, along with an awesome guitar interlude, can incinerate listeners face down.

Bullet For My Valentine – “The Last Fight” (from “Fever”, 2010)

4.5/5. Here's a glimpse of a driving fighter-attitude. It has the first ever guitar solo in the album. It's my personal favorite song in terms of vocals, most of which is clean singing with background shouting in the chorus, which is unlike the rest of the clan while keep the rebellious attitude. That's a simple but cool mature song.

Shadows Fall – “Destroyer Of Senses” (from “The Art Of Balance”, 2002)

4/5. This one keeps up the fast thrashy pace from the BFMV track, but a little simplistic and repetitive. Brain Fair does some guttural screaming in the slow sludgy part. I just picked this one as a starter for thrashy metalcore newcomers.

Misery Signals – “Five Years” (from “Of Malice & The Magnum Heart”, 2004)

5/5. One of my favorite Misery Signals songs! The line "Blood is forever" really smashes my heart and fixes it back up, restoring the blood that came out of it. And d*mn, what a f***ing amazing ending here!

Born Of Osiris – “Angel Or Alien” (from “Angel Or Alien”, 2021)

4.5/5. What you may hear in this track is a long-time-no-listen infectious hook, in which you can't deny its resemblance to the band's past material while moving the evolution forward. What a grand album that is!

Amaranthe – “Drop Dead Cynical” (from “Massive Addictive”, 2014)

3.5/5. This song I'm not really a big fan of. Their attempt to sound heavier ends coming out as more of an industrial-pop single. That marks the start of the overpowering trance infecting their later albums.

All That Remains – “Behind Silence & Solitude” (from “Behind Silence & Solitude”, 2002)

4/5. One of my favorite songs from All That Remains' melodeath-fueled debut, though not as the same height as songs from their later metalcore albums.

After The Burial – “Pendulum” (from “In Dreams”, 2010)

4.5/5. After the Burial is a f***ing passionate progressive metalcore band that I used to enjoy, but I kinda wish I hadn't given up on this band. This is a great song from them. Justin Lowe did amazing djenty rhythms. RIP...

Converge – “No Heroes” (from “No Heroes”, 2006)

5/5. This awesome killer Jane Doe leftover-ish track has crazy good lyrics ("NO MORE HEROES!! NO MORE!! NO MORE!! In my world of enemies I walk alone!!!").

Threat Signal – “One Last Breath” (from “Under Reprisal”, 2006)

4.5/5. Time for one last song, this one with one of the best choruses by this band that I've also left behind listening to, this time because of their melodeath mixed with metalcore. This can really pound more than coffee for me! Thankfully, this isn't a Creed cover at all, but instead a much better original track than that Creed song. Absolutely kick-A! I haven't heard this band in 5 or 6 months but, I still understand how underrated this band is. The chorus might remind some of a mix of Linkin Park and Fear Factory.