March 2021 "The Revolution" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post February 28, 2021 10:36 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3M2iRpZwwj4wOjDC0VbTDd?si=4MDhwEGNSc-Z1JedMtyOPA

Tracklisting:

01. August Burns Red – “Meddler” (from “Constellations”, 2009)

02. All That Remains – “Tru-Kvlt-Metal” (from “The Order Of Things”, 2015) [Submitted by shadowdoom9]

03. Betraying The Martyrs – “The Great Disillusion” (from “The Resilient”, 2017) [Submitted by shadowdoom9]

04. Strawberry Hospital – “A Confession, A Cadaver” (from “Phantasmaphilia” E.P., 2020)

05. Living Sacrifice – “Reject” (from “Reborn”, 1997)

06. Mikau – “Karai Pantsu” (from “Phantoma”, 2020)

07. Bloodlet – “Brainchild” (from “Entheogen”, 1996)

08. Ringworm – “Birth Is Pain” (from “Birth Is Pain”, 2001)

09. Disembodied – “Forget Me” (from “Diablerie”, 1997)

10. Every Time I Die – “Wanderlust” (from “New Junk Aesthetic”, 2009)

11. Architects – “Gone With The Wind” (from “All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us”, 2016)

12. Kickback – “Heaven & Hell” (from “Forever War”, 1997)

13. Strife – “Will To Die” (from “In This Defiance”, 1997)

14. Juan Bond – “Water Waiter” (from “Womb”, 2021)

15. Botch – “Hives” (from ‘American Nervoso”, 1998) [Submitted by shadowdoom9]

14. The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Limerent Death” (from “Dissociation”, 2016) [Submitted by shadowdoom9]

15. Integrity – “Taste My Sin” (from “To Die For”, 2003)

16. Fuck The Facts – “Pleine noirceur” (from “Pleine noirceur”, 2020)

17. Converge – “Dark Horse” (from “Axe To Fall”, 2009)

18. God Forbid – “Antihero” (from “Gone Forever”, 2004) [Submitted by shadowdoom9]

19. Trivium – “What The Dead Men Say” (from “What The Dead Men Say”, 2020)

20. Fit For A King – “Prophet” (from “The Path”, 2020)

21. Misery Signals – “River King” (from “Ultraviolet”, 2020)

22. The Motion Mosaic – “Nirvana” (from “Avant-Garbage”, 2020)

23. Day Of Suffering – “The Eternal Jihad” (from “The Eternal Jihad”, 1997)

24. Unearth – “One With The Sun” (from “Extinctions(s)”, 2018) [Submitted by shadowdoom9]

25. Veil Of Maya – “Dark Passenger” (from “[id]”, 2010) [Submitted by shadowdoom9]

26. Ingested – “Leap Of The Faithless” (from “Where Only Gods May Tread”, 2020)

27. Leeched – “The Grey Tide” (from “To Dull The Blades Of Your Abuse”, 2020)

March 01, 2021 07:20 AM

My thoughts on some tracks (including my suggested ones):

August Burns Red – “Meddler” (from “Constellations”, 2009)

5/5. Another perfect start of a playlist, an epic-sounding metalcore song with lyrics of hopeless rationalism. This can very well get my hopes up for a sweet playlist, though they shouldn't be too high up, of course...

All That Remains – “Tru-Kvlt-Metal” (from “The Order Of Things”, 2015)

3.5/5. This song makes you want to face palm over the oddly spelled title. The track itself is cool with all this metal aggression, but the momentum is a little lost and out of place. This song would work better in their earlier albums, not this one. But this is still a great song with their brutal metalcore sound and is one of their heaviest songs.

Betraying The Martyrs – “The Great Disillusion” (from “The Resilient”, 2017)

4.5/5. A great killer symphonic/progressive death/metalcore song. Enough said!

Botch – “Hives” (from ‘American Nervoso”, 1998)

4/5. Another killer song closing a good album of mathcore madness, but I wish it would have a more interesting ending like a much better piano melody than the one in "Oma" after the rest of the instrumentation fades, but that didn't happen. Oh well...

The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Limerent Death” (from “Dissociation”, 2016)

4.5/5. Another standard mathcore banger of a song filled with complete manic insanity, plus some yelling and screaming from both guitar and vocals. The violent blast beats and complex time signatures are far beyond how much your brain can handle.

Converge – “Dark Horse” (from “Axe To Fall”, 2009)

4.5/5. Probably the most accessible song by the band while having the usual monstrous metalcore fury. It has a fast technical riff that plays many times in the song, while in the middle there's a crushing breakdown with Jacob Bannon's powerful shrieking.

God Forbid – “Antihero” (from “Gone Forever”, 2004)

5/5. This is one of my favorite songs from this band. Melodic guitar leads cuts through my eardrums to the point of breaking them until it makes way for shattering mid-tempo moshing riffs with sweet angry vocals. Then it's back to the Arch Enemy-like melodeath/thrash mayhem!

Trivium – “What The Dead Men Say” (from “What The Dead Men Say”, 2020)

5.5/5 (not exaggerating). The title track of the newest Trivium album might take a few listens to fully grasp it, but the end result is this song becoming possibly my favorite Trivium song since the In Waves title track! The catchy chorus is a bit repetitive yet something I would never change. I say it has the fury of The Sin and the Sentence and the technicality of Shogun mixed into a hard-written song that's been missing from the band for many years until now. A total destroyer I profusely love!

Misery Signals – “River King” (from “Ultraviolet”, 2020)

5/5. Speaking of kings, "River King" is an amazing song from Misery Signals, the kings of Wisconsin (my grandparents' state) metalcore! We really need them to perform live after the virus clears out so they can shatter the earth, especially the heavy breakdown at the last minute. The exciting noise assault definitely brings back ABR memories.

Unearth – “One With The Sun” (from “Extinctions(s)”, 2018)

4.5/5. A great standout, featuring some of the most catchy guitar leads in the album while the lyrics warn you about the final extinction, hopefully not the virus. After all that intense energy, it lightens up to an uplifting mood as the song closes in calm symphonic melody.

Veil Of Maya – “Dark Passenger” (from “[id]”, 2010)

4/5. This one continues the technical veracity with some more headbanging breakdowns along with beautiful ambient riffs. Probably would've been better, but a decent introductory song for anyone stumbling upon Veil of Maya for the first time.