The Stinkers Thread - The Revolution Edition

First Post December 09, 2019 10:38 PM

Share your musical abortions here.

December 09, 2019 11:52 PM

Who the hail are you and what have you done to one of my favorite Bleeding Through songs?!

December 10, 2019 10:51 PM

Day 2 (The Daily Sh*t)

Utter screaming ridiculousness. The band must've been drunk as hail when they made this:

March 16, 2020 12:35 AM

You really think your ears can survive the horrid harmonics of this song from one of the poorest metalcore debut albums out there? God Forbid!

March 24, 2020 12:40 AM

How is this one of the most popular Unearth songs?! Your ears are gonna be sick from those annoying repeated leads near the end of this song!

May 02, 2020 08:38 AM

With Queen's trademark "stomp-stomp-clap" beat infringed wrongly into the overly trance-ified "That Song", this is a new low in the metal community and shall be deemed "that song you gotta avoid at all costs".

May 02, 2020 11:13 PM

I normally don't comment on stuff that comes up here, but this one piqued my interest. And wow. This......just shouldn't exist. 

Her voice doesn't even fit with what they're trying to do, and I'm sure their guitarist was thrilled at the one power chord he got to play for 90% this. At least he got one scale shred in there for a 5 second solo. 

The YouTube comments are hilarious too. It doesn't matter if it's Metal or not. It doesn't matter if it's Amaranthe's normal style or not. If it's a boring and uninspired song then...that's what it is. 

May 02, 2020 11:17 PM
I totally agree with you, Xephyr. It's definitely "that song you gotta avoid at all costs"!
June 10, 2020 12:32 AM

You might not wanna inhale the toxic hardcore punk debut album Halo in a Haystack by the band who would later pioneer metalcore Converge, especially this song to avoid:

June 10, 2020 01:15 AM

I agree that "Exhale" isn't a very good track but I actually don't mind the "Halo In A Haystack" album & find it to be generally underrated.

September 09, 2021 12:31 PM

First Revolution stinker in over a year! This is basically A7X's "My Immortal" that is a waste of space and time in this usually metalcore album:

January 26, 2022 02:56 AM

Pardon my anti-Christian language, but this f***ing piece of pro-life sh*t can burn in Hell:

January 27, 2022 07:49 AM

I honestly believe Underoath's Define the Great Line qualifies as metalcore (see here: https://metal.academy/forum/28/thread/1105), which is why I'm sharing this in the Revolution thread. I enjoy very much the second half of that album (from track 6 onwards) (one of those songs I'll later show its music video that I found on TV many years ago), but the first half is still as much of a mess as the majority of They're Only Chasing Safety, with this 5th track being a pointless minimalistic interlude:

May 25, 2022 02:10 AM

One of Damaged's attempts to change their style in different directions came out as a poor sh*tter:

May 30, 2022 01:45 AM

Try to find some good metal in this hardcore sh*tter. SPOILER: There's barely any.

August 03, 2022 09:58 AM

A poor sh*tty example of thrashy melodeath-metalcore, missing most of the fast speed and sharp changes, while only the intense vocals save the day:

August 03, 2022 11:05 AM

I'm glad to distance myself away from symphonic metal. This cheesy synth-orchestral sh*t intro doesn't belong in any melodic deathcore album, not even this album in which the rest isn't as good as most other Revolution releases I've heard:

November 11, 2022 10:00 AM

The YouTube commenter who recommended that I listen to Zao suggested the original demo version of "Skin Like Winter". Unfortunately, I honestly think it's a poorly done demo, and that the album version from Liberate Te Ex Inferis does better justice. There should've been some proper time and budget to work on this version in my opinion:

November 19, 2022 11:10 AM

The scattered interludes really killed the intense energy of this Spread the Disease album, and this one is a poor ending for this band's career, consisting of just prank calls:

April 14, 2023 07:10 AM

Was putting a 5-minute noise track after a 5-minute sludge highlight really f***ing necessary?!

July 05, 2023 11:51 AM

Our Endless War is pretty good which some killer fast songs, but the slower songs is where the quality drops, including this one, in which the slow djentcore riff is just some mediocre annoying sh*t:

July 05, 2023 01:28 PM

One of the most hypocritical songs I've heard in deathcore and metal in general. Listen to both the music and lyrics and find out if they make sense with each other. Spoiler: They don't.

November 14, 2023 08:56 AM

I just hate the deflation in quality occurring in this filler track:

November 16, 2023 08:04 AM

As the song title would imply, just some lifeless plodding sh*t that doesn't enhance the aggression I would've enjoyed: