August 2022 Feature Release - The Revolution Edition

First Post August 01, 2022 08:38 AM

So just like that we find that a new month is upon us which of course means that we’ll be nominating a brand new monthly feature release for each clan. This essentially means that we’re asking you to rate, review & discuss our chosen features for no other reason than because we enjoy the process & banter. We’re really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on our chosen releases so don’t be shy.

This month’s feature release for The Revolution has been nominated by myself. It's the sole 2018 "Untitled Album 1" album from German grindcore/mathcore outfit Atka.

https://metal.academy/releases/14030

August 01, 2022 09:49 AM

I gave this one a listen and a (not-so-full) review, and if anyone thinks this kind of grind-mathcore chaos is worth it for me, well.... https://metal.academy/reviews/26007/14030

August 01, 2022 10:46 AM

Excellent. Sounds like it might be right up my alley then!

August 11, 2022 09:04 PM

PURE…… CHAOS……

PURE… UNADULTERATED…. UNMITIGATED…. RELENTLESS CHAOS!!!!

That’s what German mathgrind outfit Atka bring to the table alright. Seventeen short, sharp shocks to the system through incredible insanity, complexity, urgency & savagery & a front man who must surely be only moments away from a hernia given just how nuts he goes on every track. I’m honestly not sure how a band like Atka can keep this up for more than one or two releases & that seems to have rung true for Atka who haven’t been seen or heard of since.

I really am a sucker for inexcusably brutal yet well produced extreme metal music, aren’t I? Particularly when the level of musicianship is as high as it is here. I mean if The Dillinger Escape Plan looked side to side I’m sure they’d see Atka sitting right alongside them in that department only they’re carrying a whole array of super-intense blast-beats to scare your boss, your girlfriend & your Aunty’s best friend right back to wherever it is they came from. At just thirty minutes in duration you would think that a record like this one would be well-served by the short runtime but I would think that even such a brief dalliance with the senses would be almost too much to bare in one sitting for the majority of casual metal fans. Thankfully I’m not a casual metal fan by any means & this record was right up my alley. May the song structures have ADD & the blast-beats be eternal I say!

For fans of Discordance Axis, Antigama & Fuck The Facts.

4/5