What Are the 10 Most Essential Revolution Songs?

First Post March 19, 2022 02:00 PM

I enjoyed the essential song exercise started by Saxy in The Infinite thread enough for me to do the same with the other clans, starting with my own. Feel free to join in, as long as you follow the rules like in Saxy's thread:

10 songs with any sort of affiliation with the clan.

NOT just the superior genre or subgenre, you can include any of them.

This is a general list for any metalhead, whether or not you have experience with the genres in the clan.

Here's mine:

1. Trivium - "In Waves"

2. Code Orange - "Swallowing the Rabbit Whole"

3. Avenged Sevenfold - "Unholy Confessions"

4. Botch - "Transitions from Persona to Object"

5. Bring Me the Horizon - "Shadow Moses"

6. The Dillinger Escape Plan - "43% Burnt"

7. Converge - "Jane Doe"

8. Bullet for My Valentine - "Tears Don't Fall"

9. Protest the Hero - "Blindfolds Aside"

10. Killswitch Engage - "My Last Serenade"

March 19, 2022 09:27 PM

Here's mine:

01. Botch – “Transitions From Persona To Object” (from “We Are The Romans”, 1999)

02. Inside The Beehive – “Headless” (from “Drink Bleach; Live Forever” E.P., 2011)

03. Gaza – “Hospital Fat Bags” (from “I Don’t Care Where I Go When I Die”, 2006)

04. Impending Doom – “Chaos: Reborn” (from “Baptized In Filth”, 2012)

05. Converge – “Glacial Pace” (from “All We Love We Leave Behind”, 2012)

06. The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Crossburner” (from “One Of Us Is The Killer”, 2013)

07. Serpent Column – “Violence Aesthete” (from “Endless Detainment” E.P., 2020)

08. Loathe – “Heavy Is the Head That Falls With the Weight of a Thousand Thoughts” (from “I Let It In & It Took Everything”, 2020)

09. Every Time I Die – “Dark Distance” (from “Radical”, 2021)

10. Disembodied – “Heroin Fingers” (from “If God Only Knew The Rest Were Dead” E.P., 1998)

March 21, 2022 01:52 PM

Saxy, Sonny, Vinny... do any of you guys feel up to sharing what each of you think are the 10 most essential songs in The Revolution?

March 21, 2022 02:32 PM

I'm not really sure I can contribute to this in any meaningful way Andi. I have made no secret of the fact that The Revolution is the clan I have most difficulty with as I have hardly any history with metalcore and find it extraordinarily difficult to enjoy. I'm not even sure I could name ten Revolution songs to be honest with you!

March 21, 2022 05:41 PM

Saxy, Sonny, Vinny... do any of you guys feel up to sharing what each of you think are the 10 most essential songs in The Revolution?

Quoted shadowdoom9 (Andi)

Nothing from me.