August 2021 "The Horde" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post July 31, 2021 08:01 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0R0a3qxSe1XkOMxBN6gkwi?si=c91eb96035da46a9

Tracklisting:

01. Immolation – “When The Jackals Come” (from “Atonement”, 2017) [Submitted by Vinny]

02. Garden Of Shadows – “Twilight Odyssey” (from “Oracle Moon”, 2000) [Submitted by Ben]

03. Atrocity – “Deep In Your Subconscious” (from “Hallucinations”, 1990)

04. Gorefest – “Chapter 13” (from “Chapter 13”, 1998)

05. Iamerror – “Forest Of Fellatio” (from “Trout Yogurt”, 2008)

06. Painkiller – “One-Eyed Pessary” (from “Buried Secrets”, 1991)

07. At The Gates – “Primal Breath” (from “With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness”, 1993)

08. Dark Tranquillity – “Iridium” (from “We Are The Void”, 2010)

09. Decrepit Birth – “Solar Impulse” (from “Polarity”, 2010)

10. Macabre – “Vampire Of Dusseldorf” (from “Sinister Slaughter”, 1993)

11. Atheist – “Piece Of Time” (from “Piece Of Time”, 1990)

12. Messiah – “Messiah” (from “Hymn To Abramelin”, 1986) [Submitted by Daniel]

13. The Chasm – “At The Edge Of The Nebula Mortis” (from “Procession To The Infraworld”, 2000) [Submitted by Ben]

14. Morgoth – “Isolated” (from “Cursed”, 1991) [Submitted by Vinny]

15. Benediction – “Nightfear” (from “Transcend The Rubicon”, 1993) [Submitted by Ben]

16. Inhuman Condition – “Euphoriphobia” (from “Rat°God”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

17. Carcass – “Reek Of Putrefaction” (from “Symphonies Of Sickness”, 1989) [Submitted by Daniel]

18. Loudblast – “The Promethean Fire” (From Manifesto”, 2020) [Submitted by Vinny]

19. Cerebral Rot – “Vile Yolk Of Contagion” (from “Excretion Of Mortality”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

20. Vader – “The Eye Of The Abyss” (from “Tibi et Igni”, 2014) [Submitted by Ben]

21. Behemoth – “Christians To The Lions” (from “Thelema.6”, 2000) [Submitted by Daniel]

22. Anal Cunt – “Untitled” (from “88 Song E.P.” E.P., 1989)

23. Magrudergrind – “Incapacity Reigns” (from “Crusher”, 2010)

24. Scarve – “Irradiant” (from “Irradiant” 2004) [Submitted by Ben]

25. Suffocation – “Breeding The Spawn” (from “Breeding The Spawn”, 1993) [Submitted by Daniel]

26. Hath – “Usurpation” (from “Of Rot & Ruin”, 2019) [Submitted by Vinny]

27. Regurgitate – “The Pulsating Feast” (from “Carnivorous Erection”, 2000) [Submitted by Daniel]

28. Hour Of Penance – “Paradogma” (from “Paradogma”, 2010) [Submitted by Daniel]

29. Soils Of Fate – “Insider” (from “Crime Syndicate”, 2003) [Submitted by Daniel]

August 06, 2021 09:39 PM

A mixed bag for me this month.

The "Oh My Fucking God, Turn It Off Now!":

Lamerror (WTF??), Anal Cunt - never been a fan and paid them very little attention over the years, this track only confirms what a sensible decision that has been.  Painkiller - again just nonsense really.

The "Don't Usually Like These Guys, But...":

Vader - vocally always a challenge for me but this time around the music actually managed to distract me pretty well this time out.  At The Gates - being one of the few people seemingly in the history of metal to not like Slaughter of the Soul I really enjoyed the track here.  Atrocity - another band that I find very mixed in their output but today they just made a perfect fit with me on this track.  Garden of Shadows - not usually melodic death metal's biggest fan but managed to really enjoy this one.

The "Ah yes!  I remember this one!":

Macabre - not actually one of my favourite tracks of theirs but still just had me smiling in that way that every Macabre track does.  Atheist - I mean you cannot go wrong with Atheist on their first two records. Carcass - absolutely classic grindcore from an album I was only spinning recently.  Suffocation - from the album that even a terrible production job cannot kill altogether, the energy still seeps through here.