July 2021 "The Horde" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post June 30, 2021 08:34 PM

Tracklisting:

01. Grave Miasma – “Glorification Of The Impure” (from “Endless Pilgrimage” E.P., 2016) [Submitted by Vinny]
02. Ulthima – “Symphony Of The Night” (from “Symphony Of The Night”, 2021)
03. Portal – “Eye” (from “Avow”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]
04. Whourkr – “Plantea” (from “Concrete”, 2008)
05. Psychic Possessor – “Zombie Night” (from “Toxin Diffusion”, 1988)
06. Blackstar – “Game Over” (from “Barbed Wire Soul”, 1997)
07. Amorphis – “Black Winter Day” (from “Tales From The Thousand Lakes”, 1994) [Submitted by Vinny]
08. Hypocrisy – “Elastic Inverted Visions” (from “Hypocrisy”, 1999) [Submitted by Ben]
09. Pestilence – “Mind Reflections” (from “Spheres”, 1993) [Submitted by Ben]
10. Bodom After Midnight – “Paint The Sky With Blood” (from “Paint The Sky With Blood”, E.P., 2021)
11. Disarmonia Mundi – “Swallow The Flames” (from “Fragments of D-Generation”, 2004) [Submitted by Ben]
12. Gorguts – “From Wisdom To Hate” (from “From Wisdom To Hate”, 2001) [Submitted by Ben]
13. Lik – “Funeral Anthem” (from “Misanthropic Breed”, 2020) [Submitted by Vinny]
14. Atvm – “Picture Of Decay” (from “Famine, Putrid & Fucking Endless”, 2021) [Submitted by Daniel]
15. Baest – “Goregasm” (from “Necro Sapiens”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]
16. Cancer – “Hung, Drawn & Quartered” (from “Death Shall Rise”, 1991) [Submitted by Vinny]
17. Napalm Death – “The World Keeps Turning” (from “The World Keeps Turning”, E.P., 1992) [Submitted by Daniel]
18. Dead & Dripping – “Grandiose Summoning Of Primorial Monuments” (from “Miasmic Eulogies Predicating An Eternal Nocturne”, 2021) [Submitted by Daniel]
19. Immolation – “Father, You’re Not A Father” (from “Close To A World Below”, 2000) [Submitted by Daniel]
20. Rapture – “Malevolent Demise Incarnation” (from “Malevolent Demise Incarnation”, 2021) [Submitted by Daniel]
21. Venom Prison – “Defy The Tyrant” (from “Primeval”, 2020) [Submitted by Vinny]
22. Herpes – “Medellín” (from “Medellín” E.P., 1989)
23. Artery Eruption – “Petrified Fecal Sodomization” (from “Reduced To A Limbless Sexslave”, 2003)
24. Last Days Of Humanity – “Intoxicated” (from “Hymns Of Indigestible Suppuration”, 2000)
25. Logistic Slaughter – “Beggar” (from “Lower Forms Of Life”, 2021) [Submitted by Daniel]
26. Dehumanized – “Prophecies Foretold” (from “Prophecies Foretold”, 1998) [Submitted by Ben]
27. Nile – “Kafir!” (from “Those Whom The Gods Detest”, 2009) [Submitted by Ben]

July 15, 2021 08:20 PM

Thought the playlist started out a little patchy if honest with me only liking every other track until Gorguts kicked in then I thought it was flawless up until Herpes where I lost interest in the grinding slant that the list took on leading into sheer brutality.  Thankfully rounded off nicely with Nile though.

Main surprise for me is how much I like that Venom Prison track as normally I find myself firmly disliking what they do but that track got thrown up on some random Spotify playlist and it stuck with me instantly.  Definitely on the more death metal side of their sound but also a sensible vein of metalcore present still.  My brief forays into the Revolution style bands has definitely altered my opinion on "core" in terms of softening my stance on it and being more open to it in my listening.

The first band I will check out following on from the playlist is Atvm!  What an amazing track that is, not what I expected at all either.  Interesting stuff indeed.  On the other end of the timeline I am all over the death thrash of Psychic Possessor, never heard of them until today but will be giving that one a run through over the weekend also.

July 15, 2021 09:02 PM
Cheers for adding in Ulthima now that I looked over the playlist a bit, been really enjoying that record this year, even if it might be a bit "shiny" sounding for traditional Death or Melodic Death Metal fans.