March 2020 Feature Release - The Horde Edition

First Post February 29, 2020 11:23 PM

It's now March which of course means that we'll be nominating a brand new monthly feature release for each clan. This essentially means that we're asking you to rate, review & discuss our chosen features for no other reason than because we enjoy the process & banter. Ben & I look forward to hearing your thoughts & opinions.

This month's feature release for The Horde is 1989's classic debut album from Los Angeles deathgrind outfit Terrorizer entitled "World Downfall". This album was my introduction to the deathgrind sound & it's still my favourite release from the genre today. It features an all-star lineup too with Morbid Angel's Dave Vincent on bass & Pete Sandoval on drums as well as future Napalm Death/Brujeria/Lock Up guitarist Jessie Pintado. I highly recommend that any of you death metal fans who don't usually like grindcore should give this a listen. You may be surprised.

March 23, 2020 12:08 AM

Although I will agree that I prefer this over other Deathgrind/Grindcore stuff since it has some nasty riffs and actually decent song structure, I still can't get too far into it. The genre itself just melts together into something that sounds exactly the same at all points in time for me and I like my aggression to be delivered in a slightly different way than what Grindcore presents. If you're looking for absolutely mental shredding and insanely technical drums then this album is definitely the way to go, but as a package it still doesn't bring me over to the Grind side yet. Still glad I checked it out, classic Deathgrind is just a better put together product than the randomness that the genre has seemed to turn into in modern days.