The Symphonic Death Metal Thread

First Post April 05, 2023 09:08 AM
I thought I'd better let everyone know that Ben & I have made the decision that it will be best for the clans if we create a new Symphonic Death Metal subgenre under the Death Metal genre in The Horde in order to enable us to remove the Septicflesh's & Fleshgod Apocalypse's from The Guardians & to help to differentiate those releases from your more traditional brand of death metal. If anyone feels that this is the wrong approach & that they have a valid reason for why this shouldn't be done then now's the time to speak up as I'll be making the adjustments to the database over the next couple of days. 
April 05, 2023 10:41 AM

I think it's a wise decision. The subgenre tag is perfect for symphonic death metal bands so they don't end up in a clan unsuitable for them like The Guardians, while beyond what can be expected in conventional death metal. No objections from me at all!

April 05, 2023 12:29 PM

At the risk of once more illustrating my ignorance, I didn't even know that was a thing. Sounds horrible!

April 05, 2023 01:59 PM

All seems perfectly sensible to me.

April 05, 2023 08:27 PM

Due to the clan-based approach of this site, I think that's a good choice. Fully supported.

April 05, 2023 09:41 PM

Thanks for your feedback guys. The associated database changes have now been completed so we officially have a new subgenre in The Horde.