May 2022 "The Horde" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post April 30, 2022 08:12 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0R0a3qxSe1XkOMxBN6gkwi?si=acbfa11581e64bc4

Tracklisting:

01. Infester – “Chamber Of Reunion” (from “To the Depths, In Degradation”, 1994) [Submitted by Daniel]

02. Sentenced – “Awaiting The Winter Frost” (from “North From Here”, 1993)

03. Gorguts – “Elusive Treasures” (from “From Wisdom To Hate”, 2001) [Submitted by Daniel]

04. Orbit Culture – “Flight Of The Fireflies” (from “Shaman” E.P., 2021) [Submitted by Ben]

05. Thotcrime – “dead + dreaming” (from “ønyøurcømputer”, 2020)

06. Napalm Death – “Greed Killing” (from “Diatribes”, 1996) [Submitted by Ben]

07. Akercocke – “Leviathan” (from “Choronzon”, 2003) [Submitted by Ben]

08. Haemorrhage – “Dissect, Exhume, Devour…” (from “Grume”, 1997)

09. Macabre – “The Black Knight” (from “Grim Scary Tales”, 2011)

10. Astral Tomb – “Transcendental Visions” (from “Soulgazer”, 2022)

11. Cryptworm – “Disgorged Chunks Of Life” (from “Spewing Mephitic Putridity”, 2022)

12. Nasum – “Distortion & Disinformation” (from “Industrislaven” E.P., 1995)

13. Sarcofago – “The Laws Of Scourge” (from “The Laws Of Scourge”, 1991) [Submitted by Daniel]

14. Vastum – “Amniosis” (from “Hole Below”, 2015) [Submitted by Daniel]

15. Disgorge – “The Vile Sores in Urticariothrocisism Goulashed Decrepitance” (from “Chronic Corpora Infest”, 1998)

16. Enemy Soil – “Sentencing” (from “Casualties Of Progress” E.P., 1995)

17. Father Befouled – “Unheavenly Catechesis” (from “Crowned In Veneficum”, 2022)

18. Rotten Tomb – “Pest Winds” (from “Visions Of A Dismal Fate”, 2022)

19. Aeviterne – “Stilled the Hollows' Sway” (from “The Ailing Façade”, 2022) [Submitted by Ben]

20. Golgothan Remains – “Veneration Of Carnal Blasphemy” (from “Adorned In Ruin”, 2022)

21. Deranged – “Killing Spree” (from “Rated-X”, 1995)

22. Waking The Cadaver – “Type A Secretor” (from “Perverse Recollections Of A Necromangler”, 2008) [Submitted by Daniel]

23. Katalepsy – “Rabid” (from “Musick Brings Injuries”, 2008)

24. Infernal Coil – “Bodies Set In Ashen Death” (from “Within A World Forgotten”, 2018) [Submitted by Daniel]

25. Desolate Shrine – “Cast To Walk The Star Of Sorrow” (from “Fires Of the Dying World”, 2022) [Submitted by Ben]

26. Dying Fetus – “Destroy The Opposition” (from “Destroy The Opposition”, 2000) [Submitted by Daniel]

May 10, 2022 02:41 PM

Another sterling playlist that I found matched my current listening habits nicely (I am on a grindcore kick of late).  I am slowly coming round to Nasum and was looking for a track to draw me to a release and that track might have done it and Enemy Soil are new to me so are a neat and timely find.  Not as keen on that Napalm Death track but I am still spinning Scum intermittently at mo so perhaps one to build up to.  Forgot how fucking sick Infester were and that Cryptworm track was absolute filth as well.  Always good to see a bit of Gorguts on here also.

Was not at all into Aeviterne (who essentially are Flourishing, right?) or Father Befouled who always stray too close to Incantation worship for my liking.  Finding my own personal favourite in terms of sick humour, Macabre was a pleasing moment though.

May 23, 2022 02:44 PM

I've taken my new, growing confidence with death metal and dared the rigours of an entire Horde playlist for the first time and I've got to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I must admit that there are probably some tracks that work better for me within the context of a varied playlist, whereas I am not sure if I would enjoy a whole album of said style, but as a short burst they work very well. Those fitting into this category include Orbit Culture, Haemorrhage, Disgorge, Enemy Soil, Golgothan Remains and Dying Fetus.

Oldies but goodies: Napalm Death, Akercocke, Sarcofago and I'm obviously familiar with the Vastum track which I enjoyed from their Horde March feature and the Desolate Shrine album which I gave a few spins to recently.

There were quite a few new discoveries for me, particularly Rotten Tomb and Aeviterne which were real standouts, also Sentenced, Astral Tomb, Cryptworm and Infernal Coil were great.
However, if the Thotcrime track is cybergrind then it is obvious that that sub-genre isn't for me as that was horrible and was the only track I really didn't like at all, although the grunting pig vocals of Waking the Cadaver and Katalepsy are a tough ask for me too. I guess these are slam death are they?

As for Macabre - what the fuck is going on there? A song about a child murderer with a chorus that sounds like it's the theme song to a Saturday morning kid's adventure show!