December 2021 "The Horde" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post November 30, 2021 07:07 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0R0a3qxSe1XkOMxBN6gkwi?si=b75afac10cfc4973

Tracklisting:

01. Dragged Into Sunlight – “Lashed To The Grinder & Stoned To Death” (from “Hatred For Mankind”, 2009) [Submitted by Daniel]

02. Be’lakor – “Hidden Window” (from “Coherence”, 2021) [Submitted by Ben]

03. Necrophagist – “Only Ash Remains” (from “Epitaph”, 2004) [Submitted by Daniel]

04. Bologna Violenta – “Valium Tavor Serenase” (from “Utopie e piccole soddisfazioni”, 2012)

05. Illdisposed – “Now We’re History” (from “1-800 Vindication”, 2004) [Submitted by Ben]

06. Six Feet Under – “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck” (from “Graveyard Classics III”, 2010)

07. Edge Of Sanity – “The Masque” (from “The Spectral Sorrows”, 1993)

08. Soilent Green – “Slapfuck” (from “Pussysoul”, 1994)

09. Apparition – “Nonlocality” (from “Feel”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

10. Asphyx – “Asphyx (Forgotten War)” (from “Last One On Earth”, 1992) [Submitted by Daniel]

11. Coffinrot – “Reduced To Visceral Sludge” (from “Reduced To Visceral Sludge” single, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

12. 200 Stab Wounds – “Drilling Your Head” (from “Slave To The Scalpel”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

13. Cryptopsy – “Cold Hate, Warm Blood” (from “Whisper Supremacy”, 1998) [Submitted by Ben]

14. Suffering Hour – “Obscuration” (from “The Cyclic Reckoning”, 2021)

15. Wombbath – “A World Of Destruction” (from “Agma”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

16. No One Knows What The Dead Think – “Autumn Flower” (from “No One Knows What The Dead Think”, 2019) [Submitted by Ben]

17. Morbid Angel – “Brainstorm” (from “Blessed Are The Sick”, 1991) [Submitted by Ben]

18. Aeon – “Queen Of Lies” (from “God Ends Here”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

19. Spawn Of Possession – “Scorched” (from “Noctambulant”, 2006) [Submitted by Ben]

20. Cannibal Corpse – “Meathook Sodomy” (from “Butchered At Birth”, 1991) [Submitted by Daniel]

21. Exhumed – “Worming” (from “Worming” E.P., 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

22. Regurgitate – “Deranged Menarche Injection” (from “Hatefilled Vengeance” E.P., 2002)

23. Archspire – “Drone Corpse Aviator” (from “Bleed The Future”, 2021) [Submitted by Ben]

24. Phyllomedusa – “Nook Modification (A Startiling Modification)” (from “Suburban Pest”, 2015)

25. Mortician – “World Domination” (from “House By The Cemetery”, 1994)

26. Vomit The Soul – “The Lost Aurea” (from “Cold”, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

27. Devourment – “A Virulent Strain Of Retaliation” (from “Obscene Majesty”, 2019) [Submitted by Daniel]

December 06, 2021 12:59 PM

It took a while to get going for me but we got another great playlist this month.  (I am not even commenting on that Cybergrind entry this month).  I need to spend more time with Archspire based on this track here and have taken an action to try more Mortician even though I find the vocals quite ridiculous.  Loving the blasts of Asphyx, CC, Morbid Angel, Cryptospy and Necrophagist on the retro side of death metal this month.

I don't know what Six Feet Under did to that Prong track but they ruined it.  Spawn of Possession are a little to brutal an technical for me but Regurgitate need more attention most definitely.

December 31, 2021 10:06 AM

A mixed bag for me as I would expect not being a member of The Horde. I really loved the Be’lakor track and wil be checking these guys out further. The Coffinrot and Suffering Hour tracks were also great. Always good to hear Morbid Angel and Asphyx but I still can't get too excited about Cannibal Corpse.

Are all Phyllomedusa's 260+ albums as bad as this track. That's a fucking huge pile of shit if that is the case!

December 31, 2021 11:03 AM

Are all Phyllomedusa's 260+ albums as bad as this track. That's a fucking huge pile of shit if that is the case!

Quoted Sonny

I suspect so but I've just queued up his entire discography & will do an in-depth analysis of each release until I come up with a definite conclusion on this critical issue.

December 31, 2021 01:28 PM

I believe that was one of the "enhanced interrogation" techniques employed at Guantanamo Bay up until it's abolition by the Geneva Convention!