October 2023 "The Gateway" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post October 04, 2023 12:10 AM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7aY7WjCGySb3Lb4x79Dk5T

Tracklisting:

1. Fiends – Rented Mental (2023)

2. Annisokay – Calamity (2023)

3. Beartooth – Doubt Me (2023)

4. Breaking Benjamin – Hollow (2015)

5. Five Finger Death Punch – The Agony of Regret (2013)

6. In This Moment – Black Wedding (2017)

7. Mushroomhead – Qwerty (2014)

8. Soilwork – Övergivenheten (2022)

9. Spiritbox – Circle With Me (2021)

10. Static-X – New Pain (2003)

11. New Years Day – Epidemic (2015)

12. Black Veil Brides – Devil’s Choir (2013)

13. Therapy ? – Trigger Inside (1994)

14. Twelve Foot Ninja – Endless (2008)

15. Sôber – Superbia (2011)

16. The World Alive – Trapped (2016)

17. From Ashes to New – Forgotten (2018)

18. OSI – The Escape Artist (2009)

19. Hebosagil – Ääniä yössä (2022)

20. Mudvayne – Happy? (2005)

21. Fudge Tunnel – Backed Down (1994)

22. Thousand Foot Krutch – Untraveled Road (2014)

23. Overhead – Lost Inside Pt. 2 (2012)

24. Sugar Ray – Speed Home California (1997)

October 04, 2023 01:41 AM

Here are my thoughts on some tracks:

Fiends – Rented Mental (2023)

4/5. Can you feel how hard this hits?! This playlist kicks off with a d*mn heavy banger! Like holy sh*t, the riffing starts off a bit like Taproot on steroids. Feel that fire!

Annisokay – Calamity (2023)

4.5/5. New singles just keep appearing out of nowhere from Annisokay and Electric Callboy, and they never cease to amaze me and my brother.

Beartooth – Doubt Me (2023)

5/5. I just love what I'm getting so far from Beartooth's upcoming album The Surface. This is probably my second-favorite single from that album, behind "Riptide". Great lyrics with a p*ssed-off attitude!

Breaking Benjamin – Hollow (2015)

4.5/5. Another amazing song from one of my brother's longtime favorite bands.

Five Finger Death Punch – The Agony of Regret (2013)

4/5. More of a short interlude but a great one for a quick breather.

In This Moment – Black Wedding (2017)

4.5/5. A f***ing great song that you can use for a metal wedding! And of course, you can recognize a metal legend in Judas Priest's Rob Halford in this song.

Mushroomhead – Qwerty (2014)

5/5. This song is one that sounds weird at first, but eventually I end up loving it to bits. This might've also happened to my brother because he loves it as well. I guess you can consider this Slipknot performing at a haunted carnival. This band should've had greater fame than Slipknot.

Soilwork – Övergivenheten (2022)

5/5. From a melodeath band to a band that makes epic songs like this. Absolutely wonderful! Björn "Speed" Strid is one of my all-time favorite vocalists, and if my brother likes Speed's vocals from Demon Hunter's "Collapsing", surely he would like at least something from this band.

Spiritbox – Circle With Me (2021)

4.5/5. "CUT DOWN THE ALTAR!!" Although Spiritbox hasn't struck my metal heart as much as it should have, I still enjoy this song, and so does my brother. Some kick-A fire here, especially in the chorus.

Static-X – New Pain (2003)

4/5. Another interesting song to like. RIP Wayne Static

New Years Day – Epidemic (2015)

4.5/5. Holy sh*t, I wanted to submit this song as a playlist suggestion for a few months, but you added in at the perfect time, thanks Saxy! "We're so contagious!"

Black Veil Brides – Devil’s Choir (2013)

5/5. Another super-cool song to love! Sure this band can be associated with Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, and My Chemical Romance, but this is also for modern non-purist metalheads who are up for this kind of sound. Still not everyone is ready for this much awesome. I'm proud of this band for standing strong despite the criticism. We will carry you away from the fires of hate!

Therapy ? – Trigger Inside (1994)

4.5/5. Great anthem! ...For psychopaths, though I'm not one.

Twelve Foot Ninja – Endless (2008)

4/5. Getting things kicking is the experimental alt-metal band from Australia!

Sôber – Superbia (2011)

4.5/5. Great vocals singing Spanish lyrics! There also seems to be that dark psychedelic complexity of TOOL. Seems like they know how to surpass their influences with pleasant surprises. There's some progressive essence along with a bit of Latin to add to the equation. D*mn, these lyrics are great despite being in Spanish. Not only is the alt-metal of TOOL around, but also the hard rock of A Perfect Circle and to a lesser extent, the nu metal of early Disturbed. The progressiveness is amazing! The song allows you to see the future and witness the destiny of the world. Someone save this f***ing planet! If I knew any Spanish, I would be singing along. There's also some unique dark ambience. The beginning of the human race had already been witnessed, but pride and greed may lead to humanity's loss and destruction. The beginning of the end, as they say. Our offspring shall progress and keep mankind alive, and with this song, the consequences of our poor choices have warned us well.

The World Alive – Trapped (2016)

5/5. Another f***ing sick and phenomenal song! And one to make a stopping point on this playlist. I'm still grateful for this playlist though, thanks Saxy!