June 2024 Doom Metal Dominion: "The Fallen" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post May 31, 2024 01:40 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2rSh9MnfQo9HmPLo2W5MBa

So welcome to the first playlist of the new and improved Doom Metal Dominion. Here's to a bright new future of downtuned domination.

Let me know what you think of the new programming approach.

1. Candlemass - "At the Gallows End" (from "Nightfall", 1987)

2. Black Sabbath - "Into the Void" (from "Master of Reality", 1971)

3. Paradise Lost - "Say Just Words" (from "One Second", 1997)

4. Darkthrone - "Howling Primitive Colonies" (from "It Beckons Us All.......", 2024) [submitted by Sonny]

5. Katatonia - "Endtime" (from "Brave Murder Day", 1996) [submitted by Vinny]

6. Autopsy – “In The Grip Of Winter” (from “Retribution For The Dead” E.P., 1991) [submitted by Daniel]

7. Orchid - "Silent One" (from "The Mouth of Madness", 2013) [submitted by Vinny]

8. Grin - "Deathbringers" (from "Hush", 2024)

9. Woods of Ypres -"Silver" (from "Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light", 2012) [submitted by Vinny]

10. Confessor – “Endtime” (from “Confessor” E.P., 1992) [submitted by Daniel]

11. High on Fire - "Darker Fleece" (from "Cometh the Storm", 2024) [submitted by Sonny]

12. Skumring - "Forførelse i natten" (from "De glemte tider", 2005)

13. Melvins – “Your Blessened” (from “Bullhead”, 1991) [submitted by Daniel]

14. Mizmor & Thou - "Subordinate" (from "Myopia", 2022)

15. Grief - "Depression" (from "Dismal", 1992)

16. Reverend Bizarre - "Cromwell" (from "II: Crush the Insects", 2005) [submitted by Sonny]

17. Fireball Ministry - "Sundown" (from "Their Rock Is Not Our Rock", 2005)

18. Slumber – “Fallout” (from “Fallout”, 2008) [submitted by Daniel]

19. Sunn O))) - "Frost (C)" (from "Pyroclasts", 2019)

June 01, 2024 05:21 PM

I must have had Hawkwind on the brain because I incorrectly named the album from which Sabbath's "Into the Void" is taken as "Master of the Universe". Now corrected, before anybody had chance to point out what a numpty I am!!

June 01, 2024 08:04 PM

I must have had Hawkwind on the brain because I incorrectly named the album from which Sabbath's "Into the Void" is taken as "Master of the Universe". Now corrected, before anybody had chance to point out what a numpty I am!!

Quoted Sonny

I had the whole collection of Masters of the Universe when I was a kid. Sold them to a collector for a significant amount of money years later too strangely enough.

June 01, 2024 10:08 PM

Quoted Sonny

I had the whole collection of Masters of the Universe when I was a kid. Sold them to a collector for a significant amount of money years later too strangely enough.

Quoted Daniel

Was that a TV show back in the eighties? I think I vaguely remember my little brother watching it. I was thinking of the Hawkwind track, Master of the Universe.

June 01, 2024 10:16 PM

Yes it was. Ben & I were obsessed with the figurines. Me in particular.