December 2023 "The Fallen" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post November 30, 2023 06:45 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2rSh9MnfQo9HmPLo2W5MBa

A very melancholy xmas to all The Fallen listeners!!I

1. Cough - "Killing Fields" (from "Sigillum Luciferi", 2006) [submitted by Sonny]

2. Candlemass - "Dark Are the Veils of Death" (from "Nightfall", 1987) [submitted by Vinny]

3. Sir Lord Baltimore - "Kingdom Come" (from "Kingdom Come", 1970) [submitted by Daniel]

4. EverEve - "A New Winter" (from "Seasons, 1997)

5. Mother of Graves - "Of Solitude and Stone" (from "Where the Shadows Adorn", 2022) [submitted by Ben]

6. Hamferð - "Sinnisloysi" (from "Evst", 2013] [submitted by Sonny]

7. Remembrance - "Stone Mirrors" (from "Fall, Obsidian Night", 2010)

8. Dymna Lotva - "Папялішча (Ashes)" (from "Зямля пад чорнымі крыламі: Кроў (The Land Under the Black Wings: Blood), 2023)

9. Margarita Witch Cult - "The Witchfinder Comes" (from "Margarita Witch Cult", 2023)

10. Sadhak - "The Perfection of Wisdom" (from "Sadhak" EP, 2013) [submitted by Sonny]

11. KEN mode - "A Reluctance of Being" (from "VOID", 2023) [submitted by Vinny]

12. Plateau Sigma - "Maira & the Archangel" (from "White Wings of Nightmares", 2013) [submitted by Daniel]

13. Black Sabbath - "Black Sabbath" (from "Black Sabbath", 1970) [submitted by Daniel]

14. Melvins - "Night Goat" (from "Houdini", 1993)

15. Warning - "How Can It Happen?" (from "The Strength To Dream", 1999)

16. Dream Unending - "If Not Now When" (from "Starpath" split with Worm, 2023) [submitted by Ben]

December 14, 2023 09:40 AM

Wasn't too keen on some of the more melodic death/doom tracks this month - I am familiar with Hamferð and Mother of GRaves but neither really floated my boat.  Still lots to enjoy though with Cough, Sir Lord Baltimore, Remembrance and Melvins being highlights.

Dymna Lotva were an interesting prospect, post-black metal and doom (with some folk) sounds as a mixture worked for me.  Playing the album through now as I type this.